TTC - Trying to Conceive

Featured Posts
Hildar
Fertility meds??
by Hildar
January 15, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Ok i was recently using clomid for 3 cycles now and 2 times i didn't ovulate. So i decided to see my ob for a 2 nd option are there any other fertility meds like clomid? I would appreciate yall help. Thanks

Replies

• Hildar
    by Hildar
    January 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM
    Bump
  • Oregongirl40
    January 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Femara works great especially if you have PCOS or there are injectables but they are very costly. If your not ovulating I would ask your dr. about getting on metformin along with Femara. Metformin is a medication used in the treatment of diabetes it helps regulate the blood sugar which in turns helps stabilize your hormones. It's done wonders for people who have PCOS. GL

• Hildar
    by Hildar
    January 15, 2012 at 1:00 AM
    Yes i have pcos and clomid work fine with getting me preggo with my sin but dis time not working hopefully femara helps thanks alot girl.
  • Hildar
    by Hildar
    January 15, 2012 at 1:00 AM
    SON*
  • Oregongirl40
    January 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Your welcome!!!

• abbyt1980
    January 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    I'm glad I read this post - I hadn't heard that about Metformin. We've been trying for #2 for 8 months now and I've wondered if my blood sugar issues had anything to do with it (pre-diabetic after my son)...I'm going to tt my doc about that...I wonder if I get back on metformin if it can help regulate my cycles some. Thx

Quoting Oregongirl40:

Femara works great especially if you have PCOS or there are injectables but they are very costly. If your not ovulating I would ask your dr. about getting on metformin along with Femara. Metformin is a medication used in the treatment of diabetes it helps regulate the blood sugar which in turns helps stabilize your hormones. It's done wonders for people who have PCOS. GL

• rhyming05
    January 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM

My doctor wants to put me on Clomid ... I think I ovulate on my own, but I also read that Clomid can give you cysts... not sure what Im going to do.   I hope that isnt true that Clomid can make you not ovulate. I read that it can cause late ovulation.  hmmm.. good luck

TTC - Trying to Conceive

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts