New Moms - First Time or Starting Again

millie1324
Strange Cravings/ Food Combos
August 10, 2009 at 7:38 PM

So as i was making some easy mac @ work I noticed that since around the time I got pregnant...I have been putting A1sauce and Hot sauce in my MacN'Cheese...I usually did the hot sauce before getting pregnant...but now with A1 sauce it makes it that much more delicious...anyone else have any of these strange cravings or food combinations...and post them...

Also since I  was 14 I have been popping kettle corn and putting hot sauce on it...It's Delicious! That is if your a Hot sauce fan like I am...

Replies

• Soontobemommy12
    September 2, 2009 at 4:46 PM

I'm definitely a hot sauce fan myself, but long before I found out about the baby!  My only real craving has been blue cheese dressing - couldn't get enough of it for the first few weeks (pasturized, of course!).  Other than that, no pickles and ice cream, or anything like that :)

I've definitely put hot sauce on my popcorn on occasion as well ;)

• lcmangham
    September 23, 2009 at 11:03 PM

No hot sauce for me. I've been all about peanut butter!  Just starting this week I've been craving pumpkin stuff (pie, bread, cheesecake!)

• aquarian26
    September 24, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I don't really have wierd cravings, just cravings for things I don't normally eat. I love love love fruit particularly mangos, necterines and pears. Before my pregnancy I would waste money on fruit because we wouldn't eat it fast enough before going bad but now I can't even make it through the week before buying more. I also crave sour candy (sour starburst w/the juice inside, sour skittles, and sour patch kids). Now this one has me puzzled lol

I've always liked hot foods but I do tend to crave alot more foods with hot sauce now.  One of my favorites is to take chicken bites or tenders, put hot sauce on them and dip them in ranch dressing.

• Pregnant020
    October 28, 2009 at 3:00 PM

my wierd craving is cookie dough ice cream and mustard

• storkradio193
    October 28, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I had no cravings and totally felt like i missed out on a rite of passage.

• SammySJ99
    November 14, 2009 at 4:13 AM

Can't say I want anything strange... But I do notice from time to time I want to eat things that I find less then yummy... 

So far my list of things baby LOVES:

Butterfingers and rench frys (but only from McDonalds) and not at the same time... 

Things I can't even stand... 

Vanilla Pudding and Pizza Hut... 

• Mrsphillips777
    December 25, 2009 at 12:38 AM

I'm a newbie so I'm not sure if it was a baby craving or just me craving...but a few days ago all of a sudden I just "had" to have goya chanpuru. I am living in Japan right now. Goya is a bitter mellon (hard to really describe) and chanpuru means like a stir fry. I couldn't get it that night but hubby made it the next day. Also, I have been sugar crazy! Usually I can only eat so much sugar before feeling sick but I have been able to eat a lot! That will definitely have to stop soon though!

• Mrsphillips777
    December 25, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Lol...I saw some mustard in the fridge this morning and really wanted to eat it...but had nothing to eat it with. I settled with an ice cream popsicle. 

Quoting Pregnant020:

my wierd craving is cookie dough ice cream and mustard

• PregnantYoung03
    December 29, 2009 at 4:10 PM

chilli dog with onion pickle mustard and yougort

• bookenthusiast
    January 23, 2010 at 7:15 PM

No weird combinations here, just a strange craving for strawberry milkshakes. I've hated them since I was a kid but now every time I see one on a menu my mouth starts to water.

New Moms - First Time or Starting Again