♥L-AMP: Loving Alternatives to Mainstream Parenting♥

songbird2716
The Five Love Languages of Children
July 5, 2011 at 7:18 PM

This is a book recommended by a friend. I haven't even finished it and I am recommending it! The theory is that every human understands love in 5 different form, or languages: Quality Time, Words of Affirmation, Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. The book explains the 5 "languages," how to determine your child's language, as well as how it can be a part of discipline, how your child learns, and even how they deal with anger. The book ends with an assessment in the form of a game to help you determine your child's primary language.

Also, there is a sister book called The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate.

Replies

• Imamom4sure
    July 5, 2011 at 8:11 PM

OMG, this book should be listed in our book club! thanks for adding it! surprised we didn't do it sooner!

I haven't read it but plan to, but...

I have used the website and have had friends that read it, I'll give a link to the L-amp thread where we posted our kids and our own love languages.

here's the link (I also bumped it in the lounge)

http://www.cafemom.com/group/28523/forums/read/11816615/Love_Languages

• abfab04
    by abfab04
    July 5, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Thank you for sharing, that sounds like a fabulous book! 

• nicki.hemingway
    July 6, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Sounds great, I'm adding this to my reading list

• srbeusk
    by srbeusk
    July 26, 2011 at 11:02 PM
    I own both and have read the marriage one, and got halfway through the one for children...:) it's helped our marriage tons, I can only imagine what it'll do for our relationship with our son (and future children)
  • MyIslandGirls
    July 27, 2011 at 12:06 PM

I want to read this one too!  I have it on my list for sure!

I was at a bookstore like 3 weeks ago and it was there.. for $15!! I should have grabbed it... but Money is SUPER tight right now so I talked myself out of buying it.

• KreatingMe
    July 30, 2011 at 1:51 AM

I have this book and have read it about halfway through too. I definately recommend it.

• srbeusk
    by srbeusk
    July 31, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    I went on amazon names got it for under 10 dollars... Not sure exactly how much... It's been a while, but it's a good place to shop IMO

Quoting MyIslandGirls:

I want to read this one too!  I have it on my list for sure!

I was at a bookstore like 3 weeks ago and it was there.. for $15!! I should have grabbed it... but Money is SUPER tight right now so I talked myself out of buying it.

• marjparj
    July 31, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I found it on Abebooks.com for 1.61!!

♥L-AMP: Loving Alternatives to Mainstream Parenting♥

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN