♥L-AMP: Loving Alternatives to Mainstream Parenting♥

Imamom4sure
what personality types are attracted to amp? LOL
May 24, 2010 at 12:06 AM

although, I take the results of this stuff with a grain of salt, and have done the test and scored different ways depending on mood and age, I thought a poll would be fun game! :)

http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/

There are 16 distinct personality types, each belonging to one of four temperaments as organized by David Keirsey

Creators (SP)
I think most folks that are into AMP are either Intellectuals or Visionaries which did you score as?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 6% - protector types
  2. 6% - creator types
  3. 40% - intellectual types
  4. 46% - visionary types

Replies

• 415studentmama
    January 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM

infj here :)

• LindaClement
    January 18, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I have actually found the MBPTI to be extremely robust --and unlike the other personality type tools, actually acknowledges that people are just different from each other, not that there is a 'best' way to be. All of the types have the potential to handle stress poorly, and in 'typical' ways... but also all of them have necessary strengths...

I actually can't answer your poll, because I don't think there is one answer to the question... The Js are less likely to move toward the unknown... but are very likely to research and assemble the 'right' answer, which could very well be alternative parenting (because there is plenty of robust research supporting it)... Ps are so much more likely to try out new things without much need for convincing evidence... but may never even think about doing anything different from how they were raised, or see parenting around them.

I am ENTP... so clearly that's 1 that does...

• MidnightRambler
    January 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I may not be typical of this group but I was the "Strategist" (INTJ). No wonder I feel like I am different than others, only .5% of women fall in the same group. It was hard to answer some of the questions though, I feel that I have changed over time and that I was different when I was working than I am now at home. Sometimes it's hard to say what your "true" self is, and what you have taken on from necessity. Before I had children, I had an analytical job and a very particular manager, so I think that I have had to "sculpt" myself a bit in order to not be fired....

♥L-AMP: Loving Alternatives to Mainstream Parenting♥

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN