Diabetic Moms

Which pump do you like best? EDIT!
by JanieR
October 29, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Mini Med or Animas.   These are the two my insurance covers and I'm switching from my Cozmo in the next month or so.   I have seen the web sites but I'd like some personal experience advice.   What are the things you feel really comfortable with on either one.   Also with the blood glucose inserter or whatever that is, does that mean you have two places you have to insert something?   I'm going to a class but not until December and would like to know as much as possible now so I'm not rushed in December.

Do you all just not know anything about these pumps?   I don't know where else to ask except in here.   My nurse is not diabetic and does not use a pump so she doesn't know exactly how it is for diabetics (personally).    If you don't know, please reply.   I just dropped out of another diabetic group because I never could get answers so if someone does have one of these, please let me know.

• snowflakemw
    October 31, 2009 at 12:07 AM

I use minimed 522 for about 2 1/2 years now. So far I had no problems with it at all. It works fine with me. My doctor was really pushy for me to go on the pump.... which was a good decision, and the only one she would recommend is minimed that's the best.... she is diabetic herself and uses it, so I went for it and am happy with the descision. Let me know if you have any specific questions about the minimed pump....

• soccerchik8287
    November 2, 2009 at 9:50 AM

I had a minimed for about 8yrs. Then about a year ago I switched to animas. Most doctors I have been to are real pushy towards Minimed, but that is mainly because Minimed gives them lots of incentives :). I like Animas way better than the Minimed. I sent in my minimed pump for replacement about once every 8months, because of electronic problems I'd have. So far I haven't had to send in my Animas. Also my siblings all have animas (3 of them) and they've had their pumps way longer than the only problem they have had is when a dog bit my sisters pump and in fighting with the dog some of the waterproof sealer stuff came off. Animas had a new pump to her the next morning. Animas calls every couple of months to see if there is anything I need, questions I need answered, or if I need to reorder some supplies. I love all of the programs the pump has as well. Both companies should let you try out a pump using saline for a few days though so you should call them up and see if they can set you up with that. That way you can find out which one is best for you!

• LyTe684
    by LyTe684
    November 3, 2009 at 8:27 AM

I've only used Medtronic MiniMed.... I opted to NOT use the Continuous Glucose thing. I'd rather stick to poking my finger.. but who know, maybe that will change in a few years. I also love that my monitor links directly to my pump.

Diabetic Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts