GREEN MOMMA'S

fluffmom23
Green Christmas Gift
October 23, 2008 at 6:24 PM

I am going to make a "green bag 'o stuff" for some of my presents this year to try and encourage other people I know to be more green.

Here is what I have come up with so far, does it sound good? Any other ideas or suggestions?

Note, I am making everything for this (except the glass containers and spray bottles of course)

• A cloth bag to hold everything (a tote perhaps)
  • cloth grocery bags with a grocery bag holder (a bag with a pocket on the front for the produce bags and a drawstring)
  • produce bags (see through, lightweight material)
  • sandwich wraps
  • "un"paper towels and other cloths for cleaning
  • Homemade all purpose cleaner
  • Homemade glass cleaner
  • Homemade laundry detergent 

What else could I put in it? Or does that pretty much cover everything?

I was tempted to include some mama cloth, but the people I am giving these to are not green at all, and that may be too much for them. lol

Thank you!

Replies

• carmel92
    October 23, 2008 at 6:31 PM

Maybe a Green book???  One book that I would love to get.....since I don't have it......Clean and Green.....

Clean & Green
    The Complete Guide to Nontoxic and Environmentally Safe Housekeeping

Available Products4 ways to remove crayon marks, 3 ways to loosen chewing gum, 2 ways to beat grass stains… This veritable encyclopedia will help you solve all your cleaning needs with 485 simple, easy-to- follow recipes that will not harm children, pets, or the environment.

Replacing harsh chemicals with these non-toxic recipes and techniques (many used by Montessori teachers) will permit children to participate more fully in caring for their home environment. You will refer to this excellent resource again and again. Paperback, 160 pages.

• fluffmom23
    October 23, 2008 at 7:58 PM

great idea!

• eirejade
    October 24, 2008 at 10:20 AM

It has nothing to do with cleaning/shopping, but how about some cookies?  It's Christmas for goodness' sake...where's the sugar? lol!  I always try to add a little sweets to my gifts :)  It's just not the same if there's no chocolate or cookies in my stocking :)

• lorihadams
    October 24, 2008 at 1:04 PM

How about a recipe box with some good organic recipe alternatives for commonly cooked food...sloppy joes, whole wheat bread or rolls, mayonnaise biscuits (easiest bread to make ever...pm me if you need the recipe), homemade pizza, spaghetti sauce, chicken pot pie, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, etc.

You could also put in recipes for the homemade cleaners so they can remake them when they are used up...don't forget laundry detergent and a list of uses for vinegar, baking soda, and lemon juice.  Oh and what gets out common laundry stains, too.

It is small and won't take up much space but would be really helpful and a good way to start them on a path to better living! You could also include a list of helpful websites for quick reference!

Hope this helps!

Lori

www.shaklee.net/lorihadams

http://joinlori.com

• Designermm80
    December 6, 2008 at 12:55 PM

I plan on making the same green goodie bags for my family members. Plastic bags drive me insane! I think adding a book or a brochure(some organizations will send them to you for free)How about a few CFL's. I'm also including some recycled paper(homemade my me!)

GREEN MOMMA'S