20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
momeez3boys
Pregnant on the IUD
March 22, 2007 at 3:03 PM
I thought it would be fun to share our stories about either how we got pregnant or how we found out. 
My third pregnancy was the big shocker considering i was on the 5 year iud.  I was on it for 5 months before i got pregnant.  I went in to the hospital for a bladder infection and they wanted to do a pregnancy test and i told them no need i was on the iud, well the doctor insisted and sure enough i was 10 weeks pregnant.   It really was a shock!   But i call him my miracale baby becasuse really the odds were so slim!  I couldn't imagine life with out him!

Replies

• brooklynsmomma
    March 22, 2007 at 10:31 PM
    I've had the 10yr IUD since May 2005. I worry about getting pregant all the time, even though there's like a .6% chance of getting pregnant, this is going to make me worry even more! lol Undecided
  • twin_mommy
    March 22, 2007 at 10:39 PM
    The night I found out I was pregnant my hubby and friends went out to the bar while I stayed home (thank god) because I wasn't feeling well. While I was laying on the couch with a horrible stomach ache I got to thinking...hmm I haven't had a period for awhile.  So I got up and dug through the bathroom drawers and found a pregancy test.  I immediately start vommiting and when I was through I was so exhausted I fell asleep for 20 min. on the bathroom floor.

When I got up I decided to go back to bed and that I just had a stomach flu...but I couldn't fall asleep, something in me made me get up and take the test.  So I take it and low and behold two pink lines.  My face got really hot and I ran to the phone to call my hubby, but I called his friend Matt instead and told him I had to talk to him immediately and I would meet him in the parking lot.  Not realizing who I had talked to, I got in the car and drove to the bar and Matt was waiting for me outside.  He asked me if everything was alright and I told him to go get my hubby because had something to tell him.  My husband comes running down to the parking lot and asks me if I'm ok and i blurt out "I'm pregnant" and he says "um...congratulations?" 

Later we found out we were having twins despite using the bc pill yasmin.
  • Justthegirls
    March 24, 2007 at 12:22 PM
    I had 2 kids, ages 2 & 6 months. My 2 yr old had a bladder infection & I took her to the ER. When we drove up I realized I had bleed through my jeans! This really freaked me out! It was my 1st period since my 6 month old was born. So I called my husband so he could stay in one room with our 2yr old while I was seen in the next room (I was bleeding so bad I was scared something was wrong!). The doctor assured me that it was just because I had gone so long without having a period & after a routine pregnancy test I could go home & rest... 10 minutes later a very shocked doctor came back to tell me that I was indeed pregnant! An ultrasound showed that I had a burst cyst & was not bleeding from my uterus... and that I was 10 weeks along!

PS: Girl # 3 was born 3 wks early, making my youngest 2 exactly 1 year & 1 week apart!
  • shanie_ma03
    March 24, 2007 at 1:08 PM
    Oh see now I m really scared!!!! I wanted to try the IUD but my pap smear came back irregular so they put me on the DEPO shot .....any horror stories about that? as if I have'nt heard enough
  • JillRalston
    March 24, 2007 at 8:46 PM
    Great. Thanks. I have had my Mirena for one year now, and am late on my period, and feeling pregnancy symptoms... I had convinced myself if was so unlikely to get pg. on the IUD that I didn't need to worry. After two pill babies, and one patch baby, you'd think I'd know that no birth control is 100%, but with an asthmatic 6 year old daughter who has been in and out of the hospital three times in the last three months, a 3 1/2 year old who is very sweet, but very out of control, and a 14 month old who is hitting the terrible, tantrum-y twos a bit early... I DONT WANT ANOTHER BABY!! I thought I was being so responsible having the IUD, but I am starting to think that abstinance is the way to go!!
  • kaeroo
    by kaeroo
    March 24, 2007 at 8:51 PM
    I'm gonna pretend like i did not just read this post!  It's worked VERY WELL for me for 17 months now and i don't want to jinx it!  Oh, Lord, i don't need another child yet...lemme get these outta diapers first!!!  lol
  • mommyslilangel
    March 24, 2007 at 8:54 PM
    dont tell me that i just got the iud.......haha.......i got pregnant on the pill....dont get me wrong my daughter is my life but i dont think i am ready for another just yet........and my luck....its coming soon.......lmao!!
  • crzy4mybyz
    March 25, 2007 at 12:26 PM
    i got the mirena i.u.d put in about 5 months ago. i have 2 boys, the youngest is only 1 yr. i hope im not one of those very fertile few...considering my boys are only 19 months apart. i wouldnt be totally upset if it happened, i want tons of kids, just cant afford it.
  • dolphinej20
    March 25, 2007 at 1:19 PM
    Thanks for scaring me....I have had the IUD in now for almost a year. I am liking so far but man you scared me. Thats all I would need is to get pregnant with a 2 1/2yo and an 11 month old. I was on the pills when I got pregnant with my son and then with my daughter she was a honeymoon baby...lol

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN