20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
mama2b100808
chore chart
May 10 at 11:33 AM
Anyone want to help me with ideas for a 5/6 year old chore chart? She does some stuff already but summer break starts after the 16th for her and I want her to help and to know that I am not the only one who can clean. Lol

Replies

• booaura
    by booaura
    May 10 at 11:35 AM
    Clear the table, vacuum if she can handle the vacuum, sweep, pick up her room.
  • lilmama8408
    May 10 at 11:35 AM
    Make her own bed
    Pick up her room
    Help you switch laundry loads, fold towels, put away her stuff
    Help bring dishes to the sink
  • Courtney610
    May 10 at 12:46 PM

What kind of things does she do already?

At that age, my kids are expected to clean up their rooms, vacuum, put away their clothes, help dust, set or clear the table and help pull weeds in the summer. 

• mama2b100808
    May 10 at 1:27 PM
    She makes her bed, picks up her toys, clean the sink, sometimes folds rags. But that is it really. Oh she cleans her table.

Quoting Courtney610:

What kind of things does she do already?

At that age, my kids are expected to clean up their rooms, vacuum, put away their clothes, help dust, set or clear the table and help pull weeds in the summer. 

• MamaBear2cubs
    May 11 at 8:13 PM

Help with picking up after dinner, clean up the table, sweep and pick up toys.

• ja2010
    by ja2010
    May 11 at 8:32 PM

Wash and clean out the car. Put away clothes, wash dishes.

• mama2b100808
    May 12 at 7:40 AM

Thank you! All these ideas are helping me out. :) I am going to start making her a chart today. :) 

• mamaelle88
    May 12 at 7:45 AM
    My 6 year Olds chores are making the bed, fold your own clothes and put shirts on hangers, help put away dishes, pick up floor so mom can sweep, sweep floor, and help if mom/dad ask. We have s daily chart of what's expected and certain chores for certain days because I don't expect her to do all those things on a daily basis.

But I make it fun for her. We turn on music and jam it out when cleaning. She will go outside and help pull weeds because she loves exploring and planting new things. The laundry, she loves sorting it and throwing it in the wash for me. Now my son.. his terrible twos and trying to get him to just pick up his toys is nearly impossible and that's all his butt has to do. Lol
  • mama2b100808
    May 12 at 7:52 AM

Thank you so very much! This helps a lot. :) 

Quoting mamaelle88: My 6 year Olds chores are making the bed, fold your own clothes and put shirts on hangers, help put away dishes, pick up floor so mom can sweep, sweep floor, and help if mom/dad ask. We have s daily chart of what's expected and certain chores for certain days because I don't expect her to do all those things on a daily basis. But I make it fun for her. We turn on music and jam it out when cleaning. She will go outside and help pull weeds because she loves exploring and planting new things. The laundry, she loves sorting it and throwing it in the wash for me. Now my son.. his terrible twos and trying to get him to just pick up his toys is nearly impossible and that's all his butt has to do. Lol

• morristatiana
    May 12 at 12:38 PM
    My nephew is 6 and he sweeps, mops, vacuums, does laundry... And clears the table after dinner.. Stuff like that.

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts