20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
mommymix0820
Jingle Balls...REALLY?
December 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM

has anyone seen that K-mart commercial for Joe Boxer? i feel its highly inappropriate for t.v. i mean yeah it's cute and all but children are like "mommy how are they doing that?" and how do u explain something like that away? it should have a parental advisory before it or something geez....

Is the K-mart Jingle Ball commercial appropriate for t.v.?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 22% - Yes
  2. 33% - No
  3. 43% - Doesn't bother me

Replies

• Xat
    by Xat
    December 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    I haven't seen it. We don't normally watch tv and when we do it is Netflix so there are no commercials.
  • mommymix0820
    December 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM

lol same here but i do watch disney junior for the babies and while flipping through channels i saw it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PVhIMr4ScI

Quoting Xat: I haven't seen it. We don't normally watch tv and when we do it is Netflix so there are no commercials.

• Fordprefect
    December 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I think they only play it at night. I have watched things I've recorded and had to fast forward through it. I don't want to have to explain it.

• mama2b100808
    December 16, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I wouldn't let my daughter watch it.

• TempestRayne
    December 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM

just say that a computer added the noises to play while they are dancing.

• awesomemommy2
    December 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    This. That's all it is. They really do not have bells in their pants.

Quoting TempestRayne:

• mommymix0820
    December 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM

we know its just computer added noises but do u get that it's supposed to be their balls jingling? 

Quoting awesomemommy2: This. That's all it is. They really do not have bells in their pants.

Quoting TempestRayne:

• awesomemommy2
    December 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM
    I understand what the inference is. However it is one that most kids (at least younger ones) don't understand. My kids are 3,5&7 and would think nothing other than that they are shaking to the music.

Your question asks "how would you explain that" and I would tell my kids that the computer adds noise. I would not feel the need to elaborate any further. Do I feel that there should be a parental advisory? No. If this is the worst thing that's kids see I'm cool with that.

Quoting mommymix0820:

we know its just computer added noises but do u get that it's supposed to be their balls jingling? 

Quoting awesomemommy2: This. That's all it is. They really do not have bells in their pants.

Quoting TempestRayne:

• Courtney610
    December 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM
    I'll have to YouTube it. I have no idea what you are talking about.
  • Perfect_Misfit
    December 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM
    It's not for family oriented tv that's for sure.

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts