20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
flutterbeckie3
Going a Bit Crazy Here
August 2, 2013 at 2:19 AM
I can't stop thinking about my ex. Well, maybe a few weeks will go by without me thinking about him really, then I will see something on my facebook feed or I will have a dream about him (have these about every month or two) and then he is in my mind for the rest of the day. He has said he thinks I still have feelings for him, and I said I kinda do, but there's nothing we can do and the "past is the past". Tonight, when my boyfriend and I went out on a date for the first time in forever, it was pretty awful...we barely talked, he looked miserable, and acted like I dragged him out in general. I'm not really all that happy in my relationship, and he doesn't care to really work on it. He thinks I just need professional help. Anyone had this happen before?

Replies

• MamaBear2cubs
    August 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I haven't sorry. I just want to ask though is it possible your new boyfriend is picking up on your feelings for your ex,perhaps that's why he was acting miserable?

• threat
    by threat
    August 2, 2013 at 9:51 AM
    If your not happy then why are you still together?
  • katherine.0706
    August 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    Try to see what his problem is. He might be picking up that you're missing your ex. Or you could be missing your ex because you don't get the attention you need from your current bf. It won't help staying quiet about it though if you are both miserable.
  • PurpleCrown
    August 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM

If he can tell you he feels you miss your ex when you're saying you miss him then there is probably some truth to it. You should delete him from FB if seeing his activity is going to affect you in that way, especially if it is causing your current boyfriend to feel "miserble". Sound like you should not be with anyone at all right now. It's not fair to the boyfriend or yourself. He deserves someone who is truely into him and not thinking of someone else and you owe it to yourself to sort out all of your emotions and heal from past ones properly so that your future relationships are how they should be, otherwise it will drag on for a long time and cause more negativity and more hurt for you. I hope you are able to figure things out girl. If you feel you'd need counseling then go for it, however, maybe you simply need some down time or "single" time to just sort things out.

• Pam_8787
    August 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM
    I think if he is not willing to work on it then your relationship is not going to work. It's also not going to work if you are thinking about your ex. I haven't really been in relationships before my husband but he and I have been together for almost 9 years. But in times where we weren't doing good I could not get my mind off him if u wanted. And with that being said maybe you can try again with your ex
  • flutterbeckie3
    August 2, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I am sorry I wasn't clear, my boyfriend didn't say he picked up on the fact that I was missing my ex, the ex bf was the one who said that when we were talking online. I never brought up anything like that with the ex, though...

It's not as simple as just going off to have my single time. We have a 3 year old daughter together. If we are going to end things, then it will have to be soon so that we can avoid worse issues. My parents split up when I was 19 and my sister was 14, it was really rough on us.

• mama2b100808
    August 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM

yeah that just means things need to change or someone needs to get out. yeah you will need to do it soon if you can get it worked out. 

• niteangelbaby
    August 4, 2013 at 4:04 AM

think you need to break it off with your current boyfriend. Or just let the past be the past. Your ex is your ex for a reason right? Why did you two break up? Remember why you broke up in the first place if it's something you can forgive and forget maybe you should try to be with him again if not then you know it wasn't meant to be. But don't drag your current man along for the ride. I'm not judging you cause really I have feelings for my ex I really do but I don't think we can go back to the way we were. He's my good friend now, I remember how it was when we were together and I think it's better that we've moved on. I really do love my husband and he's good to me. So I know that what I'm feeling isn't love for my ex it's grateful for the memories he's given me and for the things that happened. Because without them happening I wouldn't be where I am today, I wouldn't have married my wonderful loving husband nor had my beautiful loving son. Take a moment accept what your feeling and think hard about the type of feeling it is. Cause I really do love my ex still but it's not the love I once had. It's not the love where i think we can spend our lives together anymore. It's the kind of love shared between people who share a past and who over came our past grievances and want to move forward as friends.

• Mumma_loz
    August 5, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Hide him on Facebook, so you don't see his things come up on your feed. You owe it to your boyfriend and yourself to stop thinking about your ex. 

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN