20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Indy3000
Have you lost a SO or DH
August 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Have you ever lost a SO or DH? If so how old were you guys and how did it happen? Also how did you cope? My friend just lost her DH she has 2 kids and is preggo with twins... I hurt for her and dont know how i would do it if this happened to me

Replies

• MamaBear2cubs
    August 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM

How heartbreaking for her. I have never lost a SO.

• PeaceMuch
    August 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM
    No I haven't. My cousin lost her husband in May and it's been devastating.
  • Indy3000
    August 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM

How old is she/was her hubby? My friend and her hubby in mid 20's 

Quoting PeaceMuch:

• Night_Roane
    August 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    Your poor friend :( she must be devastated.
    I've never had someone that I was in a relationship with die, but I imagine the recovery process is somewhat similar to pulling out of an abusive relationship - you have to find support in family and friends - financial and otherwise - and you need counseling and encouragement, and you have to find the strength and courage to pick up your life and keep pushing forward.
    The best thing she can probably do is move back with her parents (this is the 20s group, so Im making a broad assumption that they're still alive and working), go back to school if she didn't finish and learn a trade, and join the workforce. She probably won't make enough to support 4 kids and definitely not to pay infant daycare for at least two of them and support 4 kids, so hopefully family will help out by giving her a place to live and watching the kids until she's more stable.
    I wouldn't push any relationships - not even friendships with guys - and Id be understanding if she went a while without talking to anyone or wanting to do anything. It takes time to heal.
    Give your friend my condolences <3 I can't imagine her pain and fear.
  • alexsmomaubrys2
    August 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

How heartbreaking for her. I have never lost a SO.

• PeaceMuch
    August 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    She just turned 40. He was 52 when he died.
    Oh heartbreaking! It won't be easy :(

Quoting Indy3000:

How old is she/was her hubby? My friend and her hubby in mid 20's 

Quoting PeaceMuch:

• erin708
    by erin708
    August 1, 2013 at 11:54 AM
    My aunt lost my uncle in their 30s. Two of their kids were young. It was really hard on everyone. He was such a fantastic man.
  • MamaPeanut
    August 1, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    How sad.
    I haven't, thankfully.
  • kattcooper
    August 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM
    I lost my boyfriend when I was in highschool, we had been together for 3 years!
    It's been 7 years and I still think about him constantly! It gets easier but it's still hard! Thankfully we did not have children, I couldn't imagine having that heartache with children involved!! :(
  • Hanab818
    August 2, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    No but my hubby lost his first wife. She was 20 he was 22. They had no kids. He took it one day at a time. And went from there.

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN