20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
TimeKat
Plan B Failed? Am I alone.
by TimeKat
June 22, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Hi!
So a week ago we found out we're expecting baby #2. We are thrilled now that the shock has wore off.

I know exactly when we got pregnant because the condom broke. I took the recommended dose of the Plan B pill and thought we were all good. 2 weeks TADA we're pregnant.
All my friends insist I must have done something wrong because they have all taken it and not gotten pregnant.
All my midwife says is that it can happen. Gee thanks O.o

I know I followed it right.
I am alone? Has anyone else gotten pregnant after taking  Plan B?

Replies

• Rebelmama85
    June 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM
    Can't that cause birth defects?
  • PeaceMuch
    June 22, 2013 at 10:15 PM
    Nope.

Quoting Rebelmama85:

Can't that cause birth defects?
  • Rebelmama85
    June 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    I thought that's what it said on the back on of it
    . :/ I could be wrong

Quoting PeaceMuch:Nope.

Quoting Rebelmama85:Can't that cause birth defects?
  • JCSmommy2
    June 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM
    Quoting Rebelmama85:

I think thats if you knowingly take it when its confirmed that you're pregnant, just like taking bc when you know you're pregnant. Its damaging to the baby.
  • mrs.potter87
    June 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I took Plan B many many times in the past and never had any problems. But I'm sure your midwife is right - it can happen even if you do it right. I mean there is a reason the box doesn't say 100% effective right? Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you and I hope that everything works out well for you :)

• katallison
    June 22, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I personally didn't have this happen to me, but my best friend's mom had this happen to her!! I know, it's so crazy, but it's not 100% effective! By the way about defects, her baby was perfectly healthy so I don't think you have anything to worry about! (: Congratulations!

• TimeKat
    by TimeKat
    June 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Thanks. I'm happy now though a little stressed. We weren't planning on another baby till next year after he finished college. Oh well blessing in disguise :)

Quoting mrs.potter87:

I took Plan B many many times in the past and never had any problems. But I'm sure your midwife is right - it can happen even if you do it right. I mean there is a reason the box doesn't say 100% effective right? Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you and I hope that everything works out well for you :)

• TimeKat
    by TimeKat
    June 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I was worried about that so I asked my midwife and she said I have nothing to worry about since I took it way before I conceived.

Quoting JCSmommy2:

Quoting Rebelmama85:

I think thats if you knowingly take it when its confirmed that you're pregnant, just like taking bc when you know you're pregnant. Its damaging to the baby.

• MommyMartinie
    June 22, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Never had that happen, but I hope your baby will be ok and that everything works out for you!

• coupon_ash_back
    June 22, 2013 at 10:58 PM
    Never any problems here...

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts