20 Something Moms

jessdeanne92
Why is it hard to find friends when you have children?
June 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I just need advice on this. I been feeling down lately like it seems like no one wants to talk to me at all. Why do I feel like that?

Replies

• ysmgator
    June 21, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    How old are your kids? Also, do the friends that you had before you had kids have kids of their own?

You could check in your area for playgroups or meet other parents at the playground. Both your kids and you could make a new friend.
  • jessdeanne92
    June 21, 2013 at 12:36 AM

My daughter is almost 14 months old. We don't have any groups where I live since it's a small town. My friends that I had before don't have any children, I have a few freinds that have kids but they don't live where I live. Usually no one really goes to the playground when I go so yeah it's hard.

• CodJesKai
    June 21, 2013 at 2:31 AM
    I feel the same way. That why I got on here. Thru only group we have has a month fee and I'm not gonna pay money to have friends. Where are you from?
  • Courtney610
    June 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    It's harder because everyone is so busy. Are you a part of any play groups? Are your kids in any activities?
  • momto3boys85
    June 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM

It's hard for me to find play groups around here too, If I meet people. they turn out to be flakes and not show up for play dates and or just email once or twice and disappear. I hope once both my two older boys are in school it will be easier to make friends because they will have more friends too. 

• rozenshyao
    June 21, 2013 at 2:11 PM

i feel exactly the same way. All my friends who are moms themselves lives furthur away and they don't come see me. I always have to take the time to see them when hubby and I go to Austin from Houston every month or so. It would be nice if they would take the time to visit us as we do with them (sorry ranting). There are no playgroups that i could get into that are free. most have a fee, and I refuse to pay to make friends. and some are 'closed' playgroup which i don't understand why...so annoying. 

Another friend of mine, who is a stepmother actually referred me to cafe mom. Its nice to be able to connect with other moms online who knows what I'm going through. Being on Cafemom helps but it would be lovely to meet people in person too. 

• Mom2TnT2013
    June 21, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    I feel the same way. I have absolutely no friends.
  • AMRios
    by AMRios
    June 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM

It seems harder to me because if someone else's child is a brat I will not hang out with them... I have 4 kids of my own who are well behaved and I am damn sure not going to let someone come into their house and be mean to them... I have a friend who's kids are so bad she never gets invited anywhere... We all go out together, hang out together, do cookouts while she sits at home with her demans! Her parents nor in-laws will watch the kids that is how bad they are! 

• To_the_moon
    June 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM
    Hmm.. I don't know. After I had my daughter I lost friends but the ones I still have are parents as well. I lost the friends I did because I wasn't interested in drinking all night and partying anymore, I had a baby to take care of and none of them really understood that, which is fine. The friends I still have I hold dear, our kids are the same age which helps a lot. But how to make new one's? No idea sorry.
  • Mom201327
    June 21, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I feel the same way but I'm pregnant six months sooo I don't have my baby boy yet

20 Something Moms