20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
aodom323
Surrogate Mother?
April 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM

So I have been thinking about this for awhile and I think I want to be one for my fiance's aunt.  She is unable to have children and has always wanted one.  She is 50 now so I don't know if she would want to do that but I want to give her that option.  I haven't talked to my fiance about yet because I don't know how he would react.  I want to be able to give her the precious gift of a child. She is such a wonderful woman and I fell in love with her the first time I met her.  I just don't know how I would bring the subject up to my fiance, he loves his aunt to death (she is his favorite aunt) but I think he would have reserves about me carrying a child for someone else.  Has anyone on here been a surrogate mother?  Do you know the process and do you have any advice on how I would bring this up to my fiance?  I wouldn't want any kind of payment just for them to pay for the doctor's visits and the expenses.   (They are very wealthy so I doubt money for the expenses to be an issue)

Replies

• xLilBit22
    April 3, 2013 at 8:44 PM
    Heres a bump. Sounds like an awesome idea
  • mlogsdon
    April 3, 2013 at 9:29 PM
    Has she asked you about this?
  • aodom323
    April 3, 2013 at 9:36 PM

No she hasn't.  She has considered adopting but her friend had a bad adoption experience and they weren't able to keep the baby because the mother changed her mind.  So that scared her into not wanting to do it.  She also said to my fiance's grandmother when I was pregnant that if we didn't want to keep our son that she would raise him.  I just want her to know that if she wants too I am more than willing to do this for her. 

• erin708
    by erin708
    April 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    I've been a surrogate once before(had baby may 12) and am in the process of doing it again. One of the most important questions is are u don't having ur own children? Any kind of fertility treaments or pregnancy in general could cause u to have fertility problems. Its a very nice thing ur offering. Just be honest with ur fiance. He has to be 100% on board. There are all types of screening u have to do. For a lot of info go to surrogatemothersonline.com.
  • aodom323
    April 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I have one son and we dont want another one anytime soon.  I have no fertility problems that I am aware of. Thanks for the website :)

Quoting erin708:

I've been a surrogate once before(had baby may 12) and am in the process of doing it again. One of the most important questions is are u don't having ur own children? Any kind of fertility treaments or pregnancy in general could cause u to have fertility problems. Its a very nice thing ur offering. Just be honest with ur fiance. He has to be 100% on board. There are all types of screening u have to do. For a lot of info go to surrogatemothersonline.com.

• jojo_star
    April 3, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I've never been and never would be a surrogate. Good luck.

• erin708
    by erin708
    April 3, 2013 at 11:29 PM
    U don't have to have fertility problems now. The medications u will need to take can cause problems. And also u need to be ok with having the child u have as an only in the chance u need a hysterectomy. These are very serious things to consider. Anything can happen. I just had a miscarriage after my first attempt with my second couple. I've never had one before now.

Quoting aodom323:

I have one son and we dont want another one anytime soon.  I have no fertility problems that I am aware of. Thanks for the website :)

Quoting erin708:

• aodom323
    April 3, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Thank you for informing me of this. I'll have to think about that before I talk to my fiance's aunt then.  I do want another eventually so I'll have to do some serious thinking.  I don't want her to blame herself if I can't have anymore kids because of it. I think that would crush her.

Quoting erin708:

U don't have to have fertility problems now. The medications u will need to take can cause problems. And also u need to be ok with having the child u have as an only in the chance u need a hysterectomy. These are very serious things to consider. Anything can happen. I just had a miscarriage after my first attempt with my second couple. I've never had one before now.

Quoting aodom323:

Quoting erin708:

• ShelMama
    April 3, 2013 at 11:45 PM
    Bump!! Think it would be pretty cool.
  • GirlWSemiAuto
    April 4, 2013 at 12:42 AM
    I don't think I could do it but I think it's an amazing gift.

I think the first step is to sit down and discuss it with your fiance. It will have a big impact on his life since he's your partner.

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts