20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
raye-chan
UGH! I know she tries to help but... >.
April 3, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Hubby and I have decided to start looking into buying our own home. We're tired of renting and dealing with landlords. Plus, hubby and I just want our "own" place. The other reason is because we're sick and tired of the stalker we have squatting in our landlord's property harassing and stalking and stealing our stuff. (Our landlord is aware of what's going on, he says that it's our problem and that WE need to be checking his property to make sure the guy isn't breaking into his places again). 

Well, I fell in love with this house in our old town. It just says home. It needs some TLC outside (paint and the porch roof needs to be replaced but that's easy; I've replaced roofs before). But the realtor has been running us in circles! *headdesk* 

My mom keeps telling us that we should just forget the house if we're having an issue talking to the actual realtor in charge of it (we keep playing phone tag, plus the guy lately has been busy showing houses). She also thinks that the house is horrible and that hubby and I should be buying a $80,000 house instead of staying in our budget. I swear.. We butt heads a lot but this.. .This has gotten me to the point where until we're done looking we aren't going to be around her and my stepdad for awhile. >.<

*headdesk*

Has anyone gone through the process of buying a house? How long did it end up taking you to get through everything? 

Replies

• Brandy85412
    April 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM

we have been waiting 9 months to find out if we get a loan. We are in a very small house right with 5 people now but we might just be staying and making it work at this point. We will be inheriting the proberty from my dh's mom anyways when she passes.

• raye-chan
    April 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Oh man.. 

Well, I guess in our case waiting awhile for a loan COULD work (I like our landlord BUT at the same time, he just doesn't do the things he's supposed to) since our lease is up in October. 

And that sucks having 5 people in a small home D: We only have 3 for the moment until we move, then a family friend is moving in with us. >.< 

I think I still inherit my mom's house when she passes. I have no clue anymore lol 

Quoting Brandy85412:

we have been waiting 9 months to find out if we get a loan. We are in a very small house right with 5 people now but we might just be staying and making it work at this point. We will be inhearting the proberty from my dh's mom anyways when she passes.

• ilovecandy
    April 3, 2013 at 2:03 AM

once the offer is accepted, we had 30 days to close and we got our keys about 2 days after it closed. right now were trying to sell our current house and buy another, we meet with a loan officer to see how much you qualify for and then we will go from there

• raye-chan
    April 3, 2013 at 2:09 AM

We're going to talk to one in the morning (today wasn't a good day with all the errands and baby still being sick). 

The previous owners want it sold so bad they're willing to look at any and all offers. The realtor said that no one minus has has shown an interest in the house (it's been on the market for a year, if not longer). I hope that it doesn't take forever though to get things figured out at the loan office lol 

Quoting ilovecandy:

once the offer is accepted, we had 30 days to close and we got our keys about 2 days after it closed. right now were trying to sell our current house and buy another, we meet with a loan officer to see how much you qualify for and then we will go from there

• katiebeth1821
    April 3, 2013 at 2:23 AM

it took a long time and i lost a couple of houses I really liked because of it.  I got a house in the end of it all its a hard and long progress all I can do is wish you the best of luck

• raye-chan
    April 3, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Thanks x3 I've been looking at other places just in case since around our area, it's been very difficult to buy lately. 

Quoting katiebeth1821:

it took a long time and i lost a couple of houses I really liked because of it.  I got a house in the end of it all its a hard and long progress all I can do is wish you the best of luck

• amanda81919
    April 3, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    It took us a yr of searching, but about 2 months when we found the house. But his loan was quick and everything. The longest part was the inspector
  • ShireeCS
    April 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM
    Good luck I have never bought a house and have no advice unfortunately
  • MamaPeanut
    April 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    Make sure you have the home inspected By a professional to catch any underlying problems.

Also, I can't imagine a shack even for sale for $80,000 let alone less than that! Wow!
  • cupcake2819
    April 3, 2013 at 10:55 AM

We bought a HUD home in 2009.  We made an offer in June...went back and forth with realtors and didn't sign papers until September.  It was very stressful (and the house needed a lot of work too...new water heater, AC/Heat Pump, roof, etc.) but now that we're home owners...it was definately worth the hassle.  We love owning our home and continually making improvements. 

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN