20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Smendoza87
How often do you 20 something moms go out?
March 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM

And I mean go out so you can go out and party and drink with your friends? Having to leave your children behind so you can drink yourself stupid and go bar hop or club hop? I cannot stand reading all these status updates on my Facebook from these mothers that are going out every weekend or sometimes during the week leaving their babies of course at home so they can do these sort of things. I feel so guilty even asking for a baby sitter and its hardly ever to go out and do those sorts of things. My husband has friends that still go clubbing and I cannot stand it. I just put up with it so my husband doesn't feel left out. They leave us out a lot because they know I don't like that stuff and I'm sure it bothers my husband but let's grow up. I'm 26 and he's 27. I just think those people are a bad influence and not very good parents. 

Replies

• Navywifetk
    March 7, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Never. I would rather spend my time with my kids and husband.

• ambermarie2006
    March 7, 2013 at 10:03 AM
    Drinking and partying? Never.

Going out with girlfriends to movie or dinner? Once a month
  • AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    March 7, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    Never. I grew up when I had kids.
    I can't stand it either. I like my wine but I don't see the need to get drunk.
    I like to dance and hang out but with my husband.
  • WillVon
    by WillVon
    March 7, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    Never. The only time I go out is to a lunch with friends but we all bring our kids.
  • GirlWSemiAuto
    March 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM

While I'm sure nightly partying would negatively impact one's kids, most clubs don't even open until after the average young child's bedtime. I don't have a problem with a parent going out occasionally so long as the children are well cared for. It might not be the healthiest way to blow off steam, but we all have different coping mechanisms and sometimes need to be more than a spouse/parent.

I go out a couple times a year, usually when DS is with his dad. I'm not a big partier, but I can see the appeal for some. It's refreshing sometimes to go out and let my hair down. It's nice to just be a young woman for a few hours.

• vwd_johnson
    March 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM
    A couple times a year maybe..

DH and I will drink with eachother at home though.
  • rockinmomto2
    March 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I go out with my girlfriends regularly. Once or twice a month. Sometimes it's dinner and drinks, sometimes it's a movie and drinks, sometimes it's a club. I'm 27 and just because I'm a mom doesn't mean that I stop being a woman who has wants and needs and desires outside of my husband and children.

• ChancesMommy07
    March 7, 2013 at 10:12 AM

This. I'm 31 and I didn't do the drinking and partying before I had kids. Its was never that appealing to me. Now I go out with my girlfriends for dinner and shopping once a month. We leave the kids at home with their daddies and have a little grown up time. 

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Drinking and partying? Never.

Going out with girlfriends to movie or dinner? Once a month

• Smendoza87
    March 7, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I agree if you are going to go out do it responsibly or here and there, but some of these women are getting drunk with their kids present, going out almost every weekend and during the week also as well. It's fun, we are young and not just mothers and wives but I don't feel like its okay for it to be part of my routine to go out Tuesday and then Friday and Saturday as well. 

• Mommy_Jenx3
    March 7, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    Partying? Never. I am not a party person. I just turned 30 and have been blessed with great parents who are very involved in my kids lives and spend a lot of time with them. They like taking the boys on weekends or some vacations/days off during the school year. My daughter isn't in school yet, so she can go during the week. I never ask them to take them...they offer. It gives dh and I chances to go out alone or just stay home. (obviously we spend time alone when they are in bed) I go out with gifriends about once a month while
    Dh is home with the kids. A movie, dinner and drinks...just time with the girls. My kids are
    Top priority And always will be. I go out a few
    Times a month. Just because I have kids doesn't mean we can never go out :) I actually think havings time with dh or friends every so often benefits us. I am not just a mommy and have to stay home all the time.

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN