When my kids were little, they were with me most of the time, so for the most part, I didn't have to deal with the choices of other parents. Hey, I'm not perfect, but I would like to think I'm pretty considerate of others. Well, most of the time, anyway.
But now that they're all in school, it's like a constant barrage of inconsiderate behavior. Oh the annoying things parents do!
If you've got school-aged kids like me, then my guess is that you've had to deal with this as well. And while I do my best to grin and bear it, I'd really love to give these parents a piece of my mind.
- Send sick kids to school. Yes, I know parents work (I do!), and I know that it's hard to figure out care for them if you can't take off, but seriously, if your kid has a fever or uh, HEAD LICE, you're putting other kids at risk. Keep them home!
- Don't follow the classroom rules. When a memo is sent that no candy is allowed for school celebrations, like Valentine's Day for example, please follow that rule. Why not feed your own kid all the Fun Dip that you sent in? Or better, I'll send my kids to your house after they've eaten it all.
- Let them wear costumes. Do you realize how hard I have to try to get my kids to not wear ridiculous things to school? It's a daily battle. So when you let your kid wear a Spiderman outfit to class, I get to hear all about it for weeks and weeks.
- Let little girls wear high heels. Call me a "fuddy-duddy" but shoes with more than an inch heel on girls that are under 10 seems to be a poor decision, not just because really? do little girls need to wear shoes like that? but it's also not safe. Please stick to the good-old Mary Janes or sneakers!
- Pack crazy lunches. Whether it's piles of candy or those ridiculous bento-style lunches with fancy shaped sandwiches, enough already! Cookie cutters are for cookies; not strawberries cut in pretty shapes. I'm tired of hearing how boring my sandwiches and baby carrots are.
What things do other parents do that annoy you?
My big pet peeve are parents who won't be parents. The ones who allow their kids to run the house and make the rules. You know the ones right? whose kids are so rude and disrespectful you want to slap both the child and the parent for allowing it to happen? Those ones.
Something that really just gets to me is when parents are out on a cold day and their child has nothing but a long sleeve shirt and no jacket or even a beany on their head. And the parent is walking around all comfy in the HUGE a$$ coat wondering why their child has a runny nose. Duh you idiot they are cold too!!! I wish I could just leave them out there in the cold with no clothes on and see how a child feel!! They are tiny and depend on US!!!!! I perfer to walk around in a short sleeve and give my OWN coat to my child then leave them without one!!!
by EmmaZateFebruary 18, 2013 at 2:46 PMRight now my daughter isn't school age yet so I haven't experienced all of this yet... However, other parents seem to think that because I was apart from my child for a few years (not by my choice) that I am incapable of taking care if her properly on my own and they need to keep "checking up" on me and telling me what to do... And some of it is BAD advice! Y'all give me a friggen chance!
by TempestRayneFebruary 18, 2013 at 2:48 PMi love number five actually. i bring my oldest sushi for lunch on her bday every year.
by nelliesmommyFebruary 18, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 and 2 only bother me.
by midjet117February 18, 2013 at 3:24 PM
none of thoes bother me. What bothers me is when my 4 yr old niece is acting up and her parents dont do anything, but the minute my kids are mean, my sil feels the need to punish her kids by making them sit out. what can I say, the chick, her husband and 4 yr old completely annoy me.
It really bothers me when parents don't dress their children weather appropriately. I live in San Antonio so of course we don't have harsh winters or anything but still. We took our boys to a birthday party at an old outdoor kind of amusement park and it was about 60 degress out (that might not be cold to some people but here it is lol) and there was a mother breastfeeding her baby and all he was wearing was a thin onesie! No socks or anything. Another thing that annoys the crap out of me is when parents just cut right in front of children or practically push them out of the way. Uh hello? You're an adult for pete's sake!
I hate when parents don't propery dress their children for the weather. That is a huge pet peeve of mine. It was 30 degrees a couple weeks ago and this woman was coming out of Target the other day and she had on a hat sweater scarf and her Baby had on a long sleeve t shirt and no socks. I wanted to say something soooo bad but I didn't want to be one of those moms that critisize other mothers but boy I wanted to.