20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
NiceBevs
Newbie and a first time mum!
February 5, 2013 at 9:30 AM

my lil baby just turned six months few days about a week ago and i really feel like theres so much things that im not sure about, like if im doing things right.. this is probably why i joined this site.. maybe to get something from experienced mommies out there :) .. i don't know but my baby still keeps waking up every two hours at night and im not sure if there was something wrong coz i heard that he should be sleeping through the night by now.. im not sure what im doing wrong.. it gets frustrating sometimes but i know i should be more patient. is this normal for 6months old babies?

does your baby sleep through the night at 6 months?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 27% - yes
  2. 72% - no

Replies

• AlwaysKISA
    February 5, 2013 at 9:31 AM
    Adorable baby!
    Lol my son didn't sleep through the night until he was almost 3!
  • NiceBevs
    February 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM

thank you ^_^ ahh im so glad im not alone! 

• Baby_Avas_Momma
    February 5, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    They do it when they're ready. There's no special age they should be, despite what others may think thanks to psychotic baby trainers. Waking up is not only a sign of hunger, but also baby's natural defense against SIDS. :)
  • LHummel
    by LHummel
    February 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM

My daughter is going on two and still wakes up two times at a minimum. "Sleeping through the night" doesnt mean 8 or twelve hours neccessarily. A breast fed baby is considered sleeping through the night when they sleep for six hours. Formula i have no clue what is the " norm" as if there is a norm. I have a pocket nanny. Its a timer that goes up to 24 hours. The brand is Itzbeen. It is awesome and I still use it now so I know how long she is sleeping for sure. A tired mommy can be thinking its only been an hour or two but its been longer. So having an accurate account of time slept might help. Every baby is different and some babies don't sleep. Making sure they have a nice full tummy before bedtime helps too. 

• Si21
    by Si21
    February 5, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    Ahh I feel the same way sometimes lol my baby is almost 5 months and still wakes up through the night. I think all babies are different though so I wouldnt worry much but I agree its hella frustrating sometimes! What's started workin for me is to keep baby on something like a schedule lol bath, feeding, bedtime around the same time.. he's starting to sleep longer ans longer, now its just the early mornings that suck most lol. Good luck mama hit me up if u need to talk. I'm usually in the same boat haha
  • NiceBevs
    February 5, 2013 at 10:12 AM

it's a huge relief to know im not doing things wrong.. but it also means i have a long way to go waking up in the middle of my sleeps! lol oh boy..

• NiceBevs
    February 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM

thanks a lot! i would need all the inputs u can give me, it's kinda hard being a first time mom coz im always afraid i might do things wrong or i might miss something.. ^_^

• AidansMomMom
    February 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM

My son is 14 months old and only sleeps through the night once every few weeks or so, and that's only because he stays up late.

• MrsLondon
    February 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM

DD2 didn't sleep through the night until 1.3 :( I wouldn't be concerned that there is anything wrong. What are you feeding him? Have you tried giving him a little cereal in his bottle?

Edit: DD1 slept through pretty early on from what I remember. I think by around 7 months she was sleeping through for sure. But she's 10 now so the details are fuzzy. lol

• NiceBevs
    February 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM

i try feeding him a lil bit of rice cereal. i just started introducing food to him just recently when i noticed him trying to nibble on his blanky a lot i thought he was ready for it,,

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts