20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
30 Kinds of People We Just Can't Stop Judging -What do you negatively judge others on?
January 30, 2013 at 5:17 PM

30 Kinds of People We Just Can't Stop Judging

Posted by Maressa Brown on January 30, 2013

long fingernailsBlame human nature. No matter how "nice" we want to be 24/7/365, sometimes, we just can't help letting our own hang-ups, lifestyles, backgrounds, or tastes influence how we see others. Or should I say, how we judge others?

Be honest: Whether we "mean to," "want to," or not, we all do it. When we're walking down the street, waiting in line at the store, or simply driving around town, it's impossible not to occasionally find yourself completely turned-off by someone else and labeling them in your head. Even little, not-so-obvious reasons could have us rolling our eyes. Here are 30 people who are just asking to be negatively judged based on their behavior or appearance ... and who we're ashamed to admit we judge. But we do.

1. People who smoke. It's 2013, not 1950. We know too much about the health consequences of this nasty habit to keep thinking it's a good idea. Or an acceptable behavior around others who might not want to be subjected to secondhand smoke.
  2. People who drink lots of soda. Don't they know it's filled with high fructose corn syrup and chemicals that are rotting them from the inside out?
  3. People who perpetually eat junk food. See #2.
  4. People who have "too many kids." Seriously, are they trying to be the next Duggars or what?
  5. People who own guns.
  6. Women who wear tons of perfume/layers of makeup. What are they hiding under there?!
  7. Women who have overly long, painted fingernails -- particularly with nail art. Aren't there less icky ways of expressing yourself?
  8. Men with even slightly long fingernails and/or toenails. Eww, ever hear of personal hygiene?
  9. People who use poor grammar/spelling in an obviously lazy way. Failing to show you have a grasp on the English language is sure to do the opposite of impress.
  10. People who update their Facebook status constantly. Way to be totally self-obsessed!
  11. People who take the elevator up one floor. Really?! Take. The. Stairs.
  12. People who carry an ill-fitting, unkempt smartphone case. Kiiiinda screams "slob."
  13. People who keep a really messy (which, admittedly, is totally relative) home. Kiiinda screams "hoarder."
  14. People who are obese or have obese children. Sad one, but oh so true.
  15. People who won't recycle, even when it's really easy to. Globe-killing litter bugs!
  16. Restaurant-goers who say "let me get ..." or "gimme the ..." as opposed to "I would like ..." or "may I have ..." Have some manners!
  17. Self-righteous people who refuse to believe scientific evidence that contradicts what their faith tells them to believe.
  18. People who refuse to give up their seat for a pregnant woman on public transportation. Self-centered jerks!
  19. Public transportation users who lean on/"hump" the pole on the subway. So other people can't use it to hold on. Self-centered jerks!
  20. Republican, aka "conservative," FOX News-loving voters. (Applicable only to those who vote Democrat.) What are they thinking?!
  21. Democrat, aka "liberal," hippie voters. (Applicable only to those who vote Republican.) What are they thinking?!
  22. Gym-goers who don't to wipe down exercise machines after use. Gross.
  23. People who don't wash their hands in a public restroom. Shudder.
  24. Public transit users who sit on the outside seat ... and then act incredulous that they have to move when you ask to sit down.
  25. People who swear/curse profusely. Especially in front of kids.
  26. Anyone with a persistent, heavy, rattling sniff in a movie theater or other public place. Get a tissue!
  27. Vacationers who vacation only at Disney World. Helllooo, haven't these people ever considered broadening their horizons?
  28. People who can't stop driving and texting or walking and texting or movie-watching and texting, etc. Cut it out!
  29. People who neglect to hold the door for anyone (especially women/children). Have a little human decency, whydontcha?
  30. People who refuse to thank someone who holds the door for them. Common courtesy must be completely dead.

Be honest: What do you negatively judge others on?

Replies

• Autumn19
    January 31, 2013 at 9:42 AM

thanks i do them myself. :)

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting Autumn19:

what now? lol

I freaking LOVE your nails!

• goofygalno1
    January 31, 2013 at 9:43 AM

correction...  people who can't wear clothes that fit..

• little.worthen
    January 31, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    Wow. Less than half of these apply to me. the "we" in this post sound like snotty stuck up b******. I guess that's who I judge.
  • KelissaMaye
    January 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    That is what I say too. I've never thought it was rude to say that.

Quoting brebugmom91:

I thought the same thing! I say "I am going to get...." I don't ask permission when Im pay for it.

Quoting KelissaMaye:

Number 16 is ridiculous. I'm not asking permission to order my meal. "May I have.." what if they said, NO!" Lol
  • luvmybug
    Quoting Autumn19:

well aren't YOU the talented one! I SO wish I could do my nails and have them NOT look like crap. Lol.
  • Jld4
    by Jld4

I understand that people feel the way they do and that people need to vent, but rather than putting out negativity, why don't we put out the positive?! How about what is one blessing that has happened to you so far this morning? It doesn't matter how small...it meant something to you!

• CBMMOM
    by CBMMOM
    January 31, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I'm never quite sure what it means to say you "judge" someone. Does it mean you have an opinion ? If so,I'm very judgey. But that doesn't automatically translate to negativity. For instance,I think modestly manicured fingernails are pretty. I think nails like those in the picture are far from pretty. But that doesn't mean I think less of the woman with long nails. For the most part,I don't care what other people do or wear,but as is human nature I may have an opinion.

• AmyL3469

I don't judge smokers, but I think they should stop smoking. If you REALLY want to quit, you can, as with drinking and I have been there myself as a teen. You have to have the will and motivation to quit.

The grammar one is huge for me. I get typos happen and misspellings and all, but people should know the basics of the language.

Judging fat people never bothered me until I was rapidly gaining weight, couldn't lose, and ultimately diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 5 years after the start of my gaining.

Also, common courtesy. Big one for me. 

Texting and driving, come on, my kids are on those roads. My mom pissed me off doing this the ohter day. Checking her phone while myself, who is 10 weeks pregnant, and my 2 1/2 and 4 year old kids are in the car! You bet I ripped her a new one.

18 made me laugh.. I have been pregnant 4 times now and never once got or expected special treatment except from my husband. Women have babies all the time, pregnant all the time, we're not special, superior beings.

• luvmybug
    Quoting goofygalno1:

correction...  people who can't wear clothes that fit..

I'm with you on that one. HUGE pet peeve of mine!
  • anotherandree
    January 31, 2013 at 9:47 AM

9, 10, 15, and 16 are probably my offenses.  I guess I don't judge people for what they are doing to themselves so much as how they treat others.  And, I am a stickler for grammar and manners.  I know it is a thing for me.  Just is.

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN