20 Something Moms

anthonysmom1012
baby, school, work.. HOW?!?!?!
January 10, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Im a single mom at 23 years old.  Anthony's father doesn't help nor see himm  How do you moms do it? school work and the baby?? I need advice and some self confidence because im terrified of the coming months! In feb, I start my CNA2 class whcih is only 2 weeks.  However when im licenced i will be working 3 12's a week at different hospitals.  Plus i signe up for school this coming summer.  I know the only way to better Anthoy's life is through schooling for me. however, im not sure how to juggle it all!? advice?!

Replies

• RaevynEvermore
    January 10, 2013 at 3:30 AM
    Bump, I'd like to know as well and where they get their energy
  • your_angel
    January 10, 2013 at 3:58 AM
    Help from family that you trust. I did it and it was so hard but worth it. My DD had to stay with my mom during the week while i worked and went to school and I only got to see her on the weekends it was torture. I do regret not being able to spend as much time with her.
    Anyway if you have a decent support group it can be done. Befriend sol type of energy drink and STAY FOCUSED. I remember I almost let finding a new bf throw me off my guard. Don't do it! That will all come when you're ready.
    Just keep your priorities straight and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
  • MrsErdos2011
    January 10, 2013 at 6:06 AM

Good luck. 

• notjstanothrmom
    January 10, 2013 at 6:08 AM
    SERIOUS DEDICATION. That's all I can think of. Do you have family to help?
  • funhappymom
    January 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Do you have other support-like family or friends?

I think it's great you want to better yourself for your son. Good luck :)

• kgsharber
    January 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Just do as much schooling as you can while he is a baby and can't remember you being gone. You can do this!!!

• AmyL3469
    January 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I dunno... my mom did it and I think it's awesome. However, just being in a relationship doesn't make it any easier.  I have 2 kids, one on the way, I'm a fulltime college student, taking classes for something else, keeping up with everything around the house, and my husband is almost never home from working so much. We just do it for the kids. Just think of him and why you're doing it all, it'll get you through.

• LilMamaK
    January 10, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Take one day at a time and have a plan for EVERYTHING! Make sure you have a sitter/daycare that is STABLE and and FLEXABLE! You CAN do this by your self with a child! I was a single Mom for 2 1/2 years and worked 2 jobs, had my DD(Bio Dad signed over rights and never sees her), and went to school! It can be done! Stay strong, positive, and remember your main focus and goal! Good luck hun!

• superm0m877
    January 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM

It's not easy. I have three kids, a husband and I am in college full time. I get probably 3 hours of sleep each night. Im up til 2-3am doing homework then I have to wake up at 6am to get my dd ready for school. Then I spend the day taking care of my 1yr ds and 4yr ds, cleaning, cooking, etc. i go to school 2 nights a week. I drink a LOT of coffee. i mean a LOT. probably an unhealthy amount. If you need some support, message me any time! 

• ms-superwoman
    January 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM

It is hard but it can be done. I do work, school, single mom, and I am 22. Hopefully, you have family/friends there to help and support you. Keep a strict budget and plan plan plan. Then have a back up plan to your plan. Get a big calender and write everything down. Being organized will help immensely! I learned that one the hard way.

20 Something Moms