20 Something Moms

giovanemama
to vaccinate or to not..
January 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM
My son is still 5 months away from coming, but we all know how time flys. I'm looking for advice and opinions on vaccination. I've read a lot and I'm actually horrified to put my son through those shots. What do you think?

Replies

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    January 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM

We decided vaccination was not for us once we researched it.  I did with my first because I didn't know not vaccinating was even an option and what it all meant.  I was one of those sheep who just blindly followed everything recommended in terms of vaccinating without researching anything whatsoever.

• coupon_ash_back
    January 2, 2013 at 10:58 PM
    Same here. I was so young and didn't know my options.

Quoting PEEK05:

We decided vaccination was not for us once we researched it.  I did with my first because I didn't know not vaccinating was even an option and what it all meant.  I was one of those sheep who just blindly followed everything recommended in terms of vaccinating without researching anything whatsoever.

• MrsApple
    January 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM

We decided against vaccinating our daughter after we did research (before and after she was concieved).And the more research we've done since making our initial decision over 6 yrs ago has made me even more confident in our decision :) 

• giovanemama
    January 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    That's the exact decision I think ill be making. I might consider some of the shots but definitely not all, and not until he is at least 6 months old.
  • mellyfury
    January 2, 2013 at 11:35 PM

i vaccinated my first son his daddy was very upset but he works full time so he didnt take him to the dr i did i figured i had them he should too..
    so he has been vaccinated... I had my 2nd child still got his shots,,, again daddy wood be soo mad when i told him ...
    so finally i said i will look into it myself and make an informed discion on my own..
    From what ive read its more of a risk than a benifit..
    alot of people think im wrong,selfish,ignorant,whatever i made a choice that i belive is in the best intrest of my child and that is my job.. i had my daughter 4 months ago.. she will NOT be vaccinated! ive changed her dr a few times because they diagree with my choice... so if you dicide to not vaccinate be prepared people are dicks! and will tell you you are wrong but its your job to do what you think is best...

• CheyennesMommy2
    January 2, 2013 at 11:43 PM
    This..except we stopped with our oldest around 6 months I *think*.

Quoting PEEK05:

• FoxTales
    January 2, 2013 at 11:43 PM
    we will be vaccinating, because I know how dangerous those diseases can be. The only reason stuff like polio doesn't surface is because people vaccinate.
    That being said, chicken pox is ridiculous to vaccinate for.
    And if my next child is as small on the charts as my son was, we will definitely delay the mmr with our next. He had a bad reaction, and the only moms who told me their children had a reaction were those who were under the 50th percentile. It is my theory, but it is also my kid.

Do what you feel is best. There are a lot of sites that use scare tactics, but there is also truth behind some of the negative reactions. Your child, your choice.
  • CheyennesMommy2
    January 2, 2013 at 11:55 PM
    Actually theres proof that polio decreased before the vaccine came out. I dont have a link, it may be on dhs work computer...but yea it decreased before the vaccine came out.

Also ALOT of people dont do mmr at all, even pro vax, due to the aborted fetus cells in the vaccine.

Quoting FoxTales:

we will be vaccinating, because I know how dangerous those diseases can be. The only reason stuff like polio doesn't surface is because people vaccinate.
    And if my next child is as small on the charts as my son was, we will definitely delay the mmr with our next. He had a bad reaction, and the only moms who told me their children had a reaction were those who were under the 50th percentile. It is my theory, but it is also my kid.

Do what you feel is best. There are a lot of sites that use scare tactics, but there is also truth behind some of the negative reactions. Your child, your choice.
  • FoxTales
    January 2, 2013 at 11:58 PM
    Oh I definitely believe you re: mmr vaccine. :) a few moms in town don't do it. I just know the moms I personally talked to corresponded with my theory. I suppose polio wasn't the best example. There was an epidemic in Quebec with measles due to parents not vaccinating. In Switzerland they don't vaccinate for meningitis, and a good friend's niece almost died from it. Life is about risks, whether that is due to the risk you take to vaccinate or the risk you take not to... It just depends on what risk you are most comfortable with taking.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Actually theres proof that polio decreased before the vaccine came out. I dont have a link, it may be on dhs work computer...but yea it decreased before the vaccine came out.

Also ALOT of people dont do mmr at all, even pro vax, due to the aborted fetus cells in the vaccine.

Quoting FoxTales:

• CheyennesMommy2
    January 3, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    I had measles and survived. I think when theres an epidemic, people jump to blame the non vaxxing familys, but if the vaccines work, non of the vaccinated kids would get sick. Sorry for typos! Typing on my phone with one eye!

Quoting FoxTales:

Oh I definitely believe you re: mmr vaccine. :) a few moms in town don't do it. I just know the moms I personally talked to corresponded with my theory. I suppose polio wasn't the best example. There was an epidemic in Quebec with measles due to parents not vaccinating. In Switzerland they don't vaccinate for meningitis, and a good friend's niece almost died from it. Life is about risks, whether that is due to the risk you take to vaccinate or the risk you take not to... It just depends on what risk you are most comfortable with taking.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting FoxTales:

20 Something Moms