20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
rockabell.2009
Was there anyone you didn't look forward to telling you were pregnant?
December 6, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I dred telling my In-laws and my grandparents that we are expecting, they are less then supportive of our decisions.

This will be my 4th pregnancy, I have two living children, 11 month old son and a 6 year old daughter, I also had a son who was stillborn.

Replies

• PeaceMuch
    December 6, 2012 at 1:01 PM
    My dad. Just because we have a "weird" relationship.
  • TheIrishDuckie
    December 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I think both of my SIL's would be "happy" for us but I don't think we'd ever hear the end of it. They kept making vasectomy jokes after our second and really said a lot of stuff after our third.

• HannahLee87
    December 6, 2012 at 1:06 PM
    It was really hard to tell a friend of mine. Hubby and I ttc for over 6 years this is out first prenancy and she's been trying for about three years. I know it's hard to watch everyone around you with babies but she is really bitter when she finds out people are expecting.
  • ruby_jewel_04
    December 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I wasn't excited about telling my grandpa. He was awesome when I was a kid. But the older he has gotten he's just cranky and an ass about everything. I was terrified to tell him. So I told him at a family gathering when everyone else knew so he couldn't be TOO much of a jerk about it. LOL. 

• nocalmegan
    December 6, 2012 at 1:11 PM
    Mil. Shes so overbearing and smothering. From the second she found out she was shoving baby stuff down our throats. Which sounds nice except this baby was unplanned and we were well.... Shocked to say the least. She didnt even give us time to process anything before calling and messaging us 10+ times a day about cribs and shower themes and such.
  • missamanda86
    December 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM

My grandparents...because I wasnt married

• bookwormmom2
    December 6, 2012 at 1:22 PM
    My mother. When I told her I was pregnant with my first she said she felt like puking, then didn't talk to me for 5 days. When she finally did talk to me it was to ask if I got pregnant on purpose cause I had friends who were pregnant. She wasn't even all that happy when we told her about my second. But she came around during each pregnancy.
  • rockabell.2009
    December 6, 2012 at 1:28 PM

My mother in law is overbearing and smothering as well. She doesn't like me at all and keeps telling him not to have more kids with me or he'll never get away from me :(

Quoting nocalmegan:

Mil. Shes so overbearing and smothering. From the second she found out she was shoving baby stuff down our throats. Which sounds nice except this baby was unplanned and we were well.... Shocked to say the least. She didnt even give us time to process anything before calling and messaging us 10+ times a day about cribs and shower themes and such.

• luvmybug
    December 6, 2012 at 1:35 PM

my mother. i was 16 at the time. and she hid in her room for 3 days, came out and dropped me from my insurance, and said "alright, you're on your own". i'm actually glad she handled it the way she did. i did it all on my own and am very proud of myself for it. my dd is 8 yrs old now and i still have a great relationship with my mom. she is a grandma, just the way she wanted. <3

• nocalmegan
    December 6, 2012 at 1:35 PM
    Mine loves me. To the point she's obsessed with being invoked in every aspect of my business tho. She used to invite herself over, invite herself to spend the night.....I could never get rid of her lol. She's manipulative too. She throws herself pity parties when she's not invited to something or informed about our decisions. She's just very nosey and she doesn't know how to respect your personal space lol.

Quoting rockabell.2009:

My mother in law is overbearing and smothering as well. She doesn't like me at all and keeps telling him not to have more kids with me or he'll never get away from me :(

Quoting nocalmegan:

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts