20 Something Moms

alexsmomma06
What would you like to see at a Holiday Party for your Kiddos? PIOG
December 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I am planning on inviting all the little girls from DD's kindergarten class to a Gingerbread House Decorating Party. I want to have it on a Saturday from either 1-3pm or 2-5pm.

I am going to have the gingerbread house already assembled, so all they have to do is decorate with the candy.

After they decorate I was going to have them play some games- Pin the Nose on Rudolph, Knock down the Christmas Cups, Ring Toss, etc.

While the kids are playing(with supervision of course) I was going to clean off the table and set up snacks. I was thinking mini ham and cheese sandwiches cut into the shape of stars, fruit and veggies, juice, and some sort of sweets.

After that I was thinking about having them then make a craft. I was thinking about doing Gingerbread playdough. It's an easy home made recipe and then it's something else the kids get to take home.

I was also going to be doing a treat bag- The playdough( or other craft), a gingerbread man cookie, a Christmas pencil and stickers.

What are your thoughts? What would you change or add if your child was attending?

Here is the time table I was thinking of

1-1:45 Decorating time

1:45- 2:15 Game Time

2:15- 2:50 Playdough Making

2:50-3 Clean up, getting ready to go home.

I was also going to get my mom to help me with the decorating and snacks, and SO to supervise the games.

Replies

• alexsmomma06
    December 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Bump!

• ambermarie2006
    December 5, 2012 at 7:57 PM
    Sounds good. You may have to go to the class and hand out invites. Our schools guideline is if the teacher hands them out the whole class must be invited.
  • alexsmomma06
    December 5, 2012 at 8:10 PM

The rules here are that if you want to hand out invites either you invite all the girls if you have a daughter, all the boys if it's for your son, or everyone. I just don't have the room for 18 kids.  But I will be double checking with the teacher first, just in case.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Sounds good. You may have to go to the class and hand out invites. Our schools guideline is if the teacher hands them out the whole class must be invited.

• MaddieLainesMom
    December 5, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I think it sounds fun, but I'd go with the 1-3 time frame so the snacks don't interfere with dinner time. I know if my DD was snacking at a party that ended at 5 she wouldn't eat much at 6:30-7PM dinner.

• alexsmomma06
    December 5, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Thanks for the tip!

Quoting MaddieLainesMom:

I think it sounds fun, but I'd go with the 1-3 time frame so the snacks don't interfere with dinner time. I know if my DD was snacking at a party that ended at 5 she wouldn't eat much at 6:30-7PM dinner.

20 Something Moms