20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
tonimw
potty time
by tonimw
December 3, 2012 at 3:17 PM

my lil nug will do really good with potty training at daycare...but when it comes to going at home she will not.... she refuses to use the toilet at home...my mom suggested that she may not want to stop depending on mom...because she goes back to wanting me to feed her...or do things for her that she normaly does on her own... any suggestions on how to get this show on the road...??

Replies

• TheIrishDuckie
    December 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Maybe give her a sticker and praise how much of a big girl she is when she uses the potty at home. It worked for my first, hoping it works for my second, haha.

• Mommy4-27-08
    December 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM
    All I can say is good luck. My daughter is almost 3 and were potty training and she does great when were out and about but at home she has accidents. I have a sticker potty chart for home but we still seem to be having an accident a day lately.
  • mrscass0416
    December 3, 2012 at 3:24 PM
    We did the potty dance everytime he went. Made a big announcement. Like we would enter the room where everyone was and he would yell I went potty, and everyone had to clap and yell yay!! And clap. He loved how everyone was so excited for him.
  • bigmama1106
    December 3, 2012 at 3:25 PM

it could be that the potties at the daycare are smaller and the one at home may look huge to her. Have you tried the little potties? Also for my little girl i just took her pull-ups away and put her in underwear and after a couple of day she got the hang of it... she will be three next month and has not had an accident in seven months. Although she does still wear pull ups at bed time and nap time... hope that helps

• tonimw
    by tonimw
    December 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM

i do do the over excitment for her which she gets highly excited as well...but she just doesn't stick to it...:( :s

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN