20 Something Moms

cupcake_mom
increased discharge after paragard?
KT
November 21, 2012 at 5:44 PM

i got my paragard in about 2 weeks ago and ever since i have noticed an increase of clear thicker mucusie discharge. i was wondering if this was normal or if i need to call my dr. thanks ladies

Replies

• Devious333
    November 21, 2012 at 5:45 PM
    I'm getting mine in a few days...I'd like to know just in case!

Bump!
  • annismom10
    November 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM
    Oh yes m'am. And my doc okayed it as normal. Basically your body will always be trying to rid itself of the intruder, kwim?

Very frequent heavy bleeding, too.
  • cupcake_mom
    KT
    November 21, 2012 at 5:50 PM

thanks. i got mine in while i was on my period so i havent had my offical 1st one. do you still have yours? was the bleeding too much?

Quoting annismom10:

Oh yes m'am. And my doc okayed it as normal. Basically your body will always be trying to rid itself of the intruder, kwim?

• annismom10
    November 21, 2012 at 6:01 PM
    I got it in june and still have it. I has not had a period in three years because of hormonal bc and pregnancy. Their theory is i was producing eggs but not shedding them. Four days after i got the iud the floodgates opened : /

I've only had about a month of no bleeding since june. Though i've been period free like 10 days and i'm starting to get my hopes up it'll be a whole three weeks til i have a period like normal people!! Lol i say that but i'm breaking out and PMSing so we'll see. I still would not choose anything else. (even though i've ruined a lot of underwear :-( )semi- permanent and hormone free is my only safe option lol

Quoting cupcake_mom:

thanks. i got mine in while i was on my period so i havent had my offical 1st one. do you still have yours? was the bleeding too much?

Quoting annismom10:

• mimismomma123
    November 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM
    I had it for a year now same thing
  • Maky.Medina
    November 21, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I have had mine for over 6 months, i was very scared because i had heard horror stories about bleeding too much, crazy cramps and etc...but i got it anyways, and its been great. 
    I've had no bleeding/spotting between periods, minor cramps, and my flow has been increased but like 10%, i guess im one of the lucky ones. 
    Just keep checking for it every month after your period stops :) 

20 Something Moms