20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Courtney610
Prepping food!
November 21, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Anyone else getting ready to cook tomorrow?  If you cook for thanksgiving, how much do you do from scratch?

Replies

• OBImomma
    November 21, 2012 at 8:13 AM
    I don't cook for thanksgiving. My grandma does. But my family is coming over on Saturday, 17 of them, for our family Christmas picture for a Christmas card and I'm cooking dinner then. But I'm just sticking the food in my roaster and crockpot.

Happy cooking!!
  • beco8627
    November 21, 2012 at 8:14 AM
    I Di everything from scratch. I'm doing turkey, gravy, garlic parm mashed potatoes, sourdough bread stuffing (lol, the actual bread is store bought) mac and cheese, green bean casserole(fresh green beans and a homemade mushroom sauce) sweet potato casserole, cornbread pudding, maple glazed carrots and a pecan pie.
  • 1hotmama21
    November 21, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I cook every year for the past 7yrs. LOL Im doing Turkey, Ham, homemade mashed potatos, homemade green bean casserole, homemade southern style corn, store bought rolls, home made pumpking pies, homemade red velvet cake, homemade potato salad, develed eggs, homemade stuffing and my mom made me a mock pecan pie. lol So im gonna be really busy today and tomorrow especially since all 6 of us are just getting over being sick. :/

• Courtney610
    November 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM
    Me too! I could make the bread, but I don't have enough time, and its so much easier to buy loaves from the bakery!

Yesterday I puréed pumpkin and made my pie crusts. A friend came over and was shocked. She had no idea that people did that. Cracked me up!

Quoting beco8627:

I Di everything from scratch. I'm doing turkey, gravy, garlic parm mashed potatoes, sourdough bread stuffing (lol, the actual bread is store bought) mac and cheese, green bean casserole(fresh green beans and a homemade mushroom sauce) sweet potato casserole, cornbread pudding, maple glazed carrots and a pecan pie.
  • beco8627
    November 21, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    It's Thanksgiving food, it needs to be homemade!!! Lol, I cook from scratch anyways, so its not new to me, but for this one day out of the yr, its just not right if its not homemade :)

Quoting Courtney610:

Me too! I could make the bread, but I don't have enough time, and its so much easier to buy loaves from the bakery!

Yesterday I puréed pumpkin and made my pie crusts. A friend came over and was shocked. She had no idea that people did that. Cracked me up!

Quoting beco8627:

• Courtney610
    November 21, 2012 at 9:24 AM
    Agreed!

Quoting beco8627:

It's Thanksgiving food, it needs to be homemade!!! Lol, I cook from scratch anyways, so its not new to me, but for this one day out of the yr, its just not right if its not homemade :)

Quoting Courtney610:

Quoting beco8627:

• PeaceMuch
    November 21, 2012 at 9:49 AM
    I would say 90% is from scratch. I buy the bread. Lol I wish I had the time to make it but I have a lot of other stuff to do. :)
  • PeaceLoveZ
    November 21, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I make everything from scratch, it tastes better, and is healthier. Plus it's fun.
    I thought I would be able to get out of cooking this year but not quite, we're going to my Honey's dads but we're making the Turkey, and then I am also making, Biscuits, Raspberry Cheesecake, and a super yummy fancy salad :)

• TexasWife
    November 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Yup. Onions and Celery chopped. Potatos peeled and chopped. Pecan pie made. Previously made pumpkin pie unfreezing. Both pies are made from scratch. Earlier this month I made a recipe for pumpkin pie that was suppose to make only 2 pies but it made 4 so I froze one. lol. Everything else will be fixed tomorrow.

• Lindsey1126
    November 21, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    I'm cooking the green bean casserole and spinach dip in the bread bowl to bring to my moms for Thanksgiving.

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts