20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
ashleynoel21
6motnh old drank cows milk, please dont judge
November 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM

im kinda freaking out right now...i hope u can keep up...

ok so i have 2 boys, a 18 month old and a 6 month old. my mil was watching them tonight while i was at work. once i arrived home, i was given a bottle that belonged to my 6 months old. ((both kids have different bottles. my oldest has the 'toddler' bottles (what i call them) the tall ones the older babies usually use because the flow is less resticted. my youngest son has the baby bottles i.e venti air, tommie tippies etc)) 

so i am handed a Venti-Air bottle for bedtime for my youngest, or so i thought. so, i fed it to him. only to find out afterwards that it was whole cows milk!!! i was totally unaware and now im totally freaked out about feeding my 6 month old cows milk. he's asleep and fell asleep just fine, no fussing nothing. i truely didnt mean to bc i didnt know. i didnt start my oldest on milk until he was 10 and a half months, now im scared i could have hurt his health. please help!!!

Replies

• sweetieiv
    November 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM
    Everything is going to be fine. He might be constipated for a few days but other than that I don't think anything seriously bad to his health will happen. But why is your 1 1/2 yr old still drinking from a bottle? Not bashing but that can ruin his teeth.
  • ashleynoel21
    November 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM
    thats what mason drank too, 6oz
    Quoting Maky.Medina:

Something similiar happened to me when my son (who is now 3) was 7 months old. He was fine, he only drank about 6 oz. though. hope everything is OK! 

• areyouatroll
    November 20, 2012 at 1:32 AM
    He will be fine. Formula is made of cow milk.

Just don't substitute cow milk for formula because of nutrients and all that jazz.
  • ashleynoel21
    November 20, 2012 at 7:55 AM
    Just an update. Hes fine didnt faze him like at all. Thanks everyone for putting my mind at ease
  • Kayla060812
    November 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM
    Lol they knew me and my mom by our first names when i was a child..

Quoting MedicMommy722:

I don't have any help for ya but *hugs*, that's scary! You could always call poison control 1-800-222-1222. They're very helpful!

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN