20 Something Moms

ashleynoel21
6motnh old drank cows milk, please dont judge
November 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM

im kinda freaking out right now...i hope u can keep up...

ok so i have 2 boys, a 18 month old and a 6 month old. my mil was watching them tonight while i was at work. once i arrived home, i was given a bottle that belonged to my 6 months old. ((both kids have different bottles. my oldest has the 'toddler' bottles (what i call them) the tall ones the older babies usually use because the flow is less resticted. my youngest son has the baby bottles i.e venti air, tommie tippies etc)) 

so i am handed a Venti-Air bottle for bedtime for my youngest, or so i thought. so, i fed it to him. only to find out afterwards that it was whole cows milk!!! i was totally unaware and now im totally freaked out about feeding my 6 month old cows milk. he's asleep and fell asleep just fine, no fussing nothing. i truely didnt mean to bc i didnt know. i didnt start my oldest on milk until he was 10 and a half months, now im scared i could have hurt his health. please help!!!

Replies

• sweetieiv
    November 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM
    Everything is going to be fine. He might be constipated for a few days but other than that I don't think anything seriously bad to his health will happen. But why is your 1 1/2 yr old still drinking from a bottle? Not bashing but that can ruin his teeth.
  • ashleynoel21
    November 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM
    thats what mason drank too, 6oz
    Quoting Maky.Medina:

Something similiar happened to me when my son (who is now 3) was 7 months old. He was fine, he only drank about 6 oz. though. hope everything is OK! 

• areyouatroll
    November 20, 2012 at 1:32 AM
    He will be fine. Formula is made of cow milk.

Just don't substitute cow milk for formula because of nutrients and all that jazz.
  • ashleynoel21
    November 20, 2012 at 7:55 AM
    Just an update. Hes fine didnt faze him like at all. Thanks everyone for putting my mind at ease
  • Kayla060812
    November 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM
    Lol they knew me and my mom by our first names when i was a child..

Quoting MedicMommy722:

I don't have any help for ya but *hugs*, that's scary! You could always call poison control 1-800-222-1222. They're very helpful!

20 Something Moms