20 Something Moms

SuperMommy2806
Need Some Advice.
November 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM

My boyfriend is going to jail on November,27th we dont know how long he is going for, but im trying to figure out what to tell our daughter about why hes not here. Also I'm trying to figure out how not to sit and cry after.. :( I dont know what to do in this case can I get some advice.

Replies

• Infinite1221
    November 19, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Why is he going to jail?

• YeahItsJen
    November 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    How old is your daughter? Is she old enough to understand why people go to jail or even what jail is?
  • polkaspots
    November 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    Same here. There's a big difference between telling a two year old and a six year old. And it also depends on what he's going in for.

Quoting YeahItsJen:

How old is your daughter? Is she old enough to understand why people go to jail or even what jail is?

• PeaceMuch
    November 19, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    Exactly.

Quoting polkaspots:

Same here. There's a big difference between telling a two year old and a six year old. And it also depends on what he's going in for.

Quoting YeahItsJen:

• gacgbaker
    November 20, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I agree, it all depends on how old your child is.  You give them age appropriate information, it could just be 'daddy has to go away for a little while'.  

• Titana
    by Titana
    November 20, 2012 at 8:15 AM
    I agree with all the previous advice on how to handle it with ur dd. As for my advice for u....remember ur dd needs u to be strong. Keep busy and stay positive. Surround urself with family and friends. If u feel urself starting to slip, get up and involve ur mind with something else. It's ok to cry though so don't beat urself up if u break down. Just do not let urself fall and not get back up.
  • StarryRain
    November 20, 2012 at 8:46 AM
    I am with previous posters. Until we know more, we can't offer advice. Hugs!
  • SuperMommy2806
    November 20, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Shes two and hes being charged with Force-able Confinement but we have a statement from the girl who is charging him saying he didn't do anything. so I might be getting worked up for no reason but i just needed some advice.

• PeaceLoveZ
    November 20, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Tell her "Gent broke a rule. And when you break some rules you can get into trouble, so he is staying at a center so he can learn his lesson."

20 Something Moms