20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
BroCosMom
Do I need to get...
November 19, 2012 at 8:09 AM
An amazon gift card or anything for my daughter who's getting a kindle fire for Christmas? We are apple people but can't justify an iPad for a 5 year old...so should we get her a gift card of some sort to buy stuff? Thanks ladies!

Replies

• ChancesMommy07
    November 19, 2012 at 8:14 AM

If you need money to buy apps for it then yes. My 5 year old son has an ipad and he loves it.

• Eliots_momma
    November 19, 2012 at 8:17 AM
    There are some free games and books but mostly you have to pay for them. I would include a gift card.
  • VictoriousTory
    November 19, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Thats a great idea!! A couple years ago thats what we did for my dad. I was told no gifts for adults this year but I might get him a 20 dollar amazon card... he is seriously ADDICTED to his kindle... I mean he takes it EVERYWHERE!!!! He left it at my house a couple weeks ago and my mom said it was TERRIBLE until I returned it... lol 

• MamaPeanut
    November 19, 2012 at 9:13 AM
    Me too. :) or you could open it and preload it Wth some books and apps she will like!

We did that for my dd and get iPad. She is 6.

Quoting Eliots_momma:

There are some free games and books but mostly you have to pay for them. I would include a gift card.
  • BroCosMom
    November 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM

is it just a amazon gift card or a special one? and ugh i feel sooo bad i wanna get her an ipad as we are  HUGE apple people, BUT i cant justify $600 for a almost 6 year old am i crazy for not getting her an ipad since thats what she knows and we liek better?

• Courtney610
    November 19, 2012 at 11:04 AM
    What about the new mini iPad? I know nothing about it, but I know it's cheaper. I'm also an apple person.
  • Mommy4-27-08
    November 19, 2012 at 12:45 PM
    I am getting my kids kindle fires as well and we are going to preload stuff on it for them. I have a kindle fire so I know what they like and what they don't. We also bought them each their own case and such as well. Also a lot of games are free but books are around $1-10 depending on the book and then if you want the books that read to them they are like $5.
  • BroCosMom
    November 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

what kind of case do you ladies who have the kindle fire HD have? im having a hard time finding a GOOD sturdy hard case for the HD links would be great thanks ladies

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts