20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
ambermarie2006
Family Health Insurance
November 18, 2012 at 9:41 PM
DH recently got a new job after leaving the Navy, and we are getting health insurance through his work. What is normal to pay for family health insurance monthly? Right now we are looking at $500/month, is that normal? Just wondering, thanks!

Replies

• Unoriginal.
    November 19, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Who is it through?

Ours is Cigna and MetLife

• ambermarie2006
    November 19, 2012 at 7:41 AM
    Not sure, I will have to find out this evening.

Quoting Unoriginal.:

Who is it through?

Ours is Cigna and MetLife

• MamaPeanut
    November 19, 2012 at 9:18 AM
    We pay $140 every 2 weeks.

We have Blue Cross/ Blue Shield- health, vision, and dental.
  • XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
    November 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM
    It depends. My company for instance pays half my premium. I pay 50 some a week for me and the boys (it's higher for spouse a kids) but my job pays the other half. So it's in reality between what I pay and my company pays about 500 a month. It all depends on the company you work for, if they pay any of it (luckily ours does and that's why I love working here), and what insurance company they go with. I notice smaller companies or family run businesses tend to cost more. But that's because they can't afford to do what my company does for it's employees.
  • mom2twins9909
    November 19, 2012 at 9:33 AM
    We pay 1200 a month
  • franmoor
    November 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM

That's normal since you're in the mid-range. Rates vary also depending on the coverage as well as the number of people under the coverage.

http://www.onlineinsuranceportal.com/coverage-characteristics-of-health-insurance/

• Hanab818
    November 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM
    We pay 230 a month and not through his work but we have a higher deductible but we have never needed it.
  • Hanab818
    November 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM
    For a family of 4

Quoting Hanab818:

We pay 230 a month and not through his work but we have a higher deductible but we have never needed it.

• TempestRayne
    November 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM
    We pay about four hundred (maybe a little more), but we have medical, dental and vision coverage. If you don't have dental and vision, then I hope you have a low Co pay, deductible and cost share percentage...

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts