20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
prego_jessi
I need help/advice!!!!
November 18, 2012 at 3:39 AM
My bf and I have been together for almost 3 months. I think it might be time to call it off. I really like him, he gets along great with my dd. but I've really noticed it here lately of how extremely clingy he is. I don't like being touched a whole lot, well he is constantly touching me in some way, holding hands, his hand on my arm, neck, leg etc.... Would you break it off or what else can I do? I don't want to lose a good thing, he treats me and my dd amazingly. And idk if me feeling like this will pass or not :(

Replies

• Kimsd
    by Kimsd
    November 18, 2012 at 3:40 AM
    You would rather have a man that doesn't want to touch you? I fail to understand that. You say he treats you and your daughter well... I don't get why you're even asking this question.
  • kaiser10123
    November 18, 2012 at 3:44 AM
    I know how you feel I felt that way with my now DF. He was so clingy and needy I was like damn who's the female in this relationship me or you! But just like you he treated me and my DS wonderful and has always been there for us. We've now been together for 3 years and have a 4 month old son together so my point is don't throw away something good over something so small. Just talk to him and take it from there.
  • young_lv_mom
    November 18, 2012 at 3:44 AM
    Have you talked to him about how you do not like to be touched so much? Try that first.
  • prego_jessi
    November 18, 2012 at 3:51 AM
    Quoting Kimsd:

You would rather have a man that doesn't want to touch you? I fail to understand that. You say he treats you and your daughter well... I don't get why you're even asking this question.

It isn't that I don't like to be touched at all, I just don't want touched so much. If we are together, he is touching me in some way. There seriously may be 10 min of him not touching me when we are together
  • sucker4myloves
    November 18, 2012 at 3:59 AM

If you don't understand, then you don't understand.

OP, I had an ex like that. I talked to him about it, and he didn't knock it off. We broke up.

Talk to the guy. Tell him you love being around him but he needs to stop feeling the need to have his hands on you at all times.

Quoting Kimsd:

• MJuliet
    by MJuliet
    November 18, 2012 at 4:03 AM
    He doesn't sound like the guy for you. I believe if you are having doubts, you should listen to them! Because you are having them for a reason! There is someone out there better for you!
  • Liz.Sisk
    November 18, 2012 at 4:08 AM
    I'm not trying to be rude but you should be grateful he wants to touch you. My husband and I held hands for 11month after we got married, then it just stopped. I think I would be concerned with the clingy aspect of... Needing to know where you are 24/7 or freaking out if you don't answer your phone. Things like that. I think the one you speak of is perhaps overly affectionate? You could politely ask not to be touched so much. You may end up missing the touching and want it back if he stops, this is his way of 'adoring!' you. It's quite flattering but I understand it can get annoying. I'm not a touchy Feely person either but I do like to cuddle sometimes.

Quoting prego_jessi:

My bf and I have been together for almost 3 months. I think it might be time to call it off. I really like him, he gets along great with my dd. but I've really noticed it here lately of how extremely clingy he is. I don't like being touched a whole lot, well he is constantly touching me in some way, holding hands, his hand on my arm, neck, leg etc.... Would you break it off or what else can I do? I don't want to lose a good thing, he treats me and my dd amazingly. And idk if me feeling like this will pass or not :(
  • heatherd09
    November 18, 2012 at 4:11 AM
    I would have a talk with him about it first. Just let him know you are feeling the way you are. If he can't accept that and do something about it then he's not the right guy for you.
  • Titana
    by Titana
    November 18, 2012 at 6:13 AM
    Just be honest with him. Explain that while u like knowing he cares and is there for u that u just aren't a touchy feeling person or into pda. Be nice but honest. :)
  • junebaby11
    November 18, 2012 at 6:16 AM
    Some people are more touchy feely than others that doesnt equal clingy, be honest he sounds like a good guy apprecciate that, alot of men arent nice

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN