20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
novachick
Military wives
November 13, 2012 at 6:19 PM
I am very new to this whole military thing so I have a question. My kids are unvaccinated. My boyfriend just got his orders to be stationed in Italy February 2014. By then we plan on no longer being just boyfriend/girlfriend. Has anyone with unvaccinated kids ever done this? Will it matter that my kids are not vaccinated if we move to a foreign country?

Replies

• ambermarie2006
    November 13, 2012 at 6:26 PM
    I am pretty sure they have to be fully vaccinated. My mom works at the military vaccination clinic and has to give many children their shots to move overseas. I would find out guidelines for Italy though.
  • novachick
    November 13, 2012 at 6:27 PM
    Do you have any idea on how to go about finding the guidelines for Italy?

Quoting ambermarie2006:

I am pretty sure they have to be fully vaccinated. My mom works at the military vaccination clinic and has to give many children their shots to move overseas. I would find out guidelines for Italy though.
  • cLanief
    by cLanief
    November 13, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    ask bf to find out ... Hell be able to get that info easily.
  • ambermario4ever
    November 13, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Google it

• novachick
    November 13, 2012 at 6:33 PM
    I have been trying, I can't find anything

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Google it

• novachick
    November 13, 2012 at 6:33 PM
    I will do that, thanx :)

Quoting cLanief:

ask bf to find out ... Hell be able to get that info easily.
  • ambermarie2006
    November 13, 2012 at 6:39 PM
    Called my mom, she said to google the Italy guidelines and see if waivers are eligible to that country, but she doubts it because military likes people to be fully vaxed.

You can use the CDC vaccination catch up list to find out what they need. They definitely will need Hep vaxes

Quoting novachick:

Quoting ambermarie2006:

• ambermario4ever
    November 13, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Here is your answer.   

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/italy.htm

Quoting novachick:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Google it

• novachick
    November 13, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    I actually saw that but it doesn't mention if there's any exemptions or anything for people moving there. Thank you though.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Here is your answer.   

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/italy.htm

Quoting novachick:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Google it

• novachick
    November 13, 2012 at 6:43 PM
    Thank you for calling, how sweet of you. I will keep trying. I will not be catching them up though, they will not receive any vaccines.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Called my mom, she said to google the Italy guidelines and see if waivers are eligible to that country, but she doubts it because military likes people to be fully vaxed.

You can use the CDC vaccination catch up list to find out what they need. They definitely will need Hep vaxes

Quoting novachick:

Quoting ambermarie2006:

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN