20 Something Moms

BroCosMom
kindle fire!?
November 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM

our almost 6 year old LOOOOVES our iphones, and we are def apple people, BUT im thinking about getting her a kindle fire...thoughts? is it easy to navigate like an iphone? is it kid friendly? we would get the one thats $160 thanks for any advice yall can give me :)

Replies

• Unoriginal.
    November 10, 2012 at 1:45 AM
    Idk. I would maybe do an older iPod touch first
  • Mami2oneboy
    November 10, 2012 at 2:02 AM
    This, or an refurbished/used iPad you can get them from craiglist around 200-250 1st or 2d gen

Quoting Unoriginal.:

Idk. I would maybe do an older iPod touch first
  • cassdw
    by cassdw
    November 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I love mine, but would get one with the 4G next time (it wasn't available when I got mine), and at least it doesn't have a keyboard for the little one to destroy like mine did with 2 of my laptops.  It's easier for them to operate than us, I'll tell you that much!  LOL!

• tpaangel8122
    November 10, 2012 at 10:27 AM

my 5 yr old loves ours! he plays it more than we do! we bought the thick $50 case for it too, def a good investment lol. I'd say go for it!

• rmspaccamonti
    November 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM
    I let my 3 yo play games on my kindle fire! It is super easy, similar to the apple stuff!! You can do just about anything on a kindle that you can an ipad!! Plus it is way cheaper
  • mama-smurf
    November 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    I had kindlr fire and glad i gave it away. I hated it. I have samsung galaxy 2. Much better.
  • Baby_Avas_Momma
    November 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    I actually just swapped my kindle fire for the new kindle fire HD and I'm in love! :)
  • Jean1208
    November 10, 2012 at 11:49 PM

They actully just came out with a tablet just for kids... and its really cool. its called Meep! and it comes preloaded with a ton of apps and ebooks and its perfect for that kind of kid that's all into techy stuff

• Paperfishies
    November 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM
    My 9 year old loves hers. She has an iPad and kindle fire, got the fire for her birthday and she loves reading on it.

20 Something Moms