20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
mommieof3_752
Most awkward convo with my 7 yr old....OMG
October 14, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I was watching that show "Bringing home baby" and there was a women on the tv giving birth. Well I was up cleaning so I didnt realize at the moment what was on the screen. Well my 7 yr old DD ask me " Mommy is the baby coming out of her butt"!! If you think thats bad wait till you hear what I said......"NO, babies come out of a women's WHO WHO", OMG I couldnt believe what I said.  My 2 daughters call their girl parts a WHO WHO. I dont know where they got it from, but thats what they call it. Now mind you this is a convo that I needed time to prepare for. I had no time to think about what to say. She just layed that question on me so fast. She turned back to the tv as I turned the channel and hasnt said anything about it to me.. P.S. she sat there for like 5 minutes and looked like she was thinking really hard???? So how bad is what I said???? I feel horrid!!!! And should I say anything else to her about it or just let it go????

Replies

• justinnaimee
    October 14, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    I had that conversation when my dd was 3. Its not shameful. Its biology. Ask her if she has questions and answer them honestly.
  • Jblaac57
    October 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM
    I think its good that you were honest . You answered her question and obviously satisfied her question if she didn't keep asking lol
  • Paperfishies
    October 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM
    My 9 year old has known that babies come out of a vagina since she was like 4.
  • heathermarie23
    October 14, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I told my 4 year old about how babies are born and he watched a few live births on tv & youtube... because he said he wanted to go to the hospital when I had his brother.. so I had to prepare him... The hospital wouldn't allow him though :-(

• alexsmomaubrys2
    October 14, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I am very surprised that your 7 year old doesn't already know that.

I highly suggest the book 'It's not the stork'.

My kids are 6 & 7, we went over all of this last year. They know about sex and babies.

• mommieof3_752
    October 14, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Well I had C sections with all 3 of them so they know that is how I had them. I guess we just didnt have that convo b\c I didnt have a natural birth with any of them. I was more shocked that I said WHO WHO..lol

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

My kids are 6 & 7, we went over all of this last year. They know about sex and babies.

• MooreMom523
    October 14, 2012 at 9:07 PM
    I think this is the right time for you to approach her and ask if she has any questions about what you said and come prepared with answers. Either way it WAS awkward but something you can laugh at in the future.
  • alexsmomaubrys2
    October 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Definitely need to start with proper names for her anatomy. LOL. Don't confuse the poor girl.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

Well I had C sections with all 3 of them so they know that is how I had them. I guess we just didnt have that convo b\c I didnt have a natural birth with any of them. I was more shocked that I said WHO WHO..lol

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

• 3babiesofmyown
    October 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM
    Uh, I had all 3 via c section so I totally skipped that part. But dd was only 3 when her brother was born. Maybe a little biology lesson is in order. I mean she'll be learning about puberty at school soon right? We did in 4th and 5th grade. I missed that day in 4th grade and started y period in 5th grade before seeing "the video". All my grandma said was "don't flush these" and gave me pads. I learned everything else at school. So talk to her. She will have to know.
  • PeaceMuch
    October 14, 2012 at 9:15 PM
    My kids are 4(almost 5)&6 and knew a couple years ago..lol I had csections too but I explained some babies are cut out if the tummy and some come out of the vagina.

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN