20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
mommieof3_752
Most awkward convo with my 7 yr old....OMG
October 14, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I was watching that show "Bringing home baby" and there was a women on the tv giving birth. Well I was up cleaning so I didnt realize at the moment what was on the screen. Well my 7 yr old DD ask me " Mommy is the baby coming out of her butt"!! If you think thats bad wait till you hear what I said......"NO, babies come out of a women's WHO WHO", OMG I couldnt believe what I said.  My 2 daughters call their girl parts a WHO WHO. I dont know where they got it from, but thats what they call it. Now mind you this is a convo that I needed time to prepare for. I had no time to think about what to say. She just layed that question on me so fast. She turned back to the tv as I turned the channel and hasnt said anything about it to me.. P.S. she sat there for like 5 minutes and looked like she was thinking really hard???? So how bad is what I said???? I feel horrid!!!! And should I say anything else to her about it or just let it go????

Replies

• Fields456
    October 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM
    I just had that Convo with my 6 1/2 year old out if the blue I was so not prepared for it
  • mommieof3_752
    October 14, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Thats what im feeling right now. The look on her face......

Quoting Fields456:

I just had that Convo with my 6 1/2 year old out if the blue I was so not prepared for it

• EslingerCrew11
    October 14, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    Always answer honestly but age appropriate, which you did. You WANT her to ask you and to answer honest, or she'll ask someone else and may not get the best answers
  • GodsAmiga
    October 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM

My daughter asked me how the baby came out just a couple months ago and she's only 4. Don't worry, just don't make it seem like a huge awful thing. Instead treat it like what it is. A simple fact of life. If she has more questions answer them honestly. I wasn't prepared either and wasn't sure how she'd react but I knew that she couldn't go her whole life thinking the baby comes out of the belly button. Lol!

• firespurity
    October 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM

you were honest, nothing to hide. She was going to find out one day.

• happymommy1105
    October 14, 2012 at 9:38 PM
    my son is six and he knows his brother is going to come out my whoo haa. he is pretty sure its a gaint poop.

he doesn't completely get it but he gets the jist
  • mommieof3_752
    October 14, 2012 at 9:42 PM

bahaha. LMAO. kids are so funny

Quoting happymommy1105:

my son is six and he knows his brother is going to come out my whoo haa. he is pretty sure its a gaint poop.

• kathrynsmomma03
    October 14, 2012 at 9:48 PM
    My dd was 4 and was in her room she yelled why do I have a hole ... I said so you can have babys ...
  • EvaSerenity
    October 14, 2012 at 9:49 PM
    Dd6 has known for a while now the basics of how a baby grows and comes out. She learned kinda early since she's the oldest of 4 (just talking about the ones I birthed). She and all of her sisters, minus the baby, also all know the proper names for their anatomy. I personally am uncomfortable with the word vagina, but I don't see any sense in ridiculous names for body parts. Jmho.
  • happymommy1105
    October 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM
    he asked the doctor not to let his brother get poop on him.

the doctor laughed and said okay.

he is a nut.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

bahaha. LMAO. kids are so funny

Quoting happymommy1105:

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN