20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Tink0711
2 babies dead in my neighborhood *edited*
October 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM
At 3:21 this afternoon, our local fire dept got a call "house on fire, 2 kids inside, babysitter jumped out the window". By the time they got to the house at 3:23, the house was engulfed in flames. They found a 4 year old child dead on the scene. A 3 year old child was taken to a local hospital, where they were pronounced DOA. The babysitter is in critical condition at another local hospital.

My thoughts go out to the families of the babies & the babysitter.

Edit-apparently the babysitter was the kids' aunt. Also no cause determined as of yet (so far that I know of). The window was a 2nd story window. The aunt/babysitter is still in critical condition.

Will edit again if I get new details.

Replies

• armyvet06
    October 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM
    Oh no! Those poor babies!
  • cnlsmommy
    Thank God I've never been in this situation, but I just can't imagine leaving babies inside a burning house. I guess I don't have much to say never being there though. Rest in peace little babies
  • mom2jaymeenella
    How awful my thoughts and prayers for everyone
  • Tink0711
    October 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM
    Bump! I know it's not about Jessica or a drama post, but these babies (& their family) deserve our thoughts.
  • eringlading
    October 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    I know a couple who escaped without their kids. They died. I could never leave a burning building without my kids.
  • TempestRayne
    October 12, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    Quoting armyvet06:

Oh no! Those poor babies!

• KarmaP2
    by KarmaP2
    October 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM
    Id rather die with my kids than live without them. How sad :(

Quoting eringlading:

I know a couple who escaped without their kids. They died. I could never leave a burning building without my kids.
  • mamadrama15
    October 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM
    Poor babies they will be in my prayers :(
  • Tink0711
    October 12, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    I kinda wanna be mad at the babysitter in this situation. She jumped out a window, leaving the kids inside. Sorry, if I have a sitter, I pay them to keep my kids safe. Plus 911 call came from the cell phone of the contractor working across the street who saw smoke.

Quoting KarmaP2:

Id rather die with my kids than live without them. How sad :(

Quoting eringlading:

• MooreMom523
    October 12, 2012 at 9:06 PM

How terrible and heart breaking :(

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts