20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Tink0711
2 babies dead in my neighborhood *edited*
October 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM
At 3:21 this afternoon, our local fire dept got a call "house on fire, 2 kids inside, babysitter jumped out the window". By the time they got to the house at 3:23, the house was engulfed in flames. They found a 4 year old child dead on the scene. A 3 year old child was taken to a local hospital, where they were pronounced DOA. The babysitter is in critical condition at another local hospital.

My thoughts go out to the families of the babies & the babysitter.

Edit-apparently the babysitter was the kids' aunt. Also no cause determined as of yet (so far that I know of). The window was a 2nd story window. The aunt/babysitter is still in critical condition.

Will edit again if I get new details.

Replies

• armyvet06
    October 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM
    Oh no! Those poor babies!
  • cnlsmommy
    Thank God I've never been in this situation, but I just can't imagine leaving babies inside a burning house. I guess I don't have much to say never being there though. Rest in peace little babies
  • mom2jaymeenella
    How awful my thoughts and prayers for everyone
  • Tink0711
    October 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM
    Bump! I know it's not about Jessica or a drama post, but these babies (& their family) deserve our thoughts.
  • eringlading
    October 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    I know a couple who escaped without their kids. They died. I could never leave a burning building without my kids.
  • TempestRayne
    October 12, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    Quoting armyvet06:

Oh no! Those poor babies!

• KarmaP2
    by KarmaP2
    October 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM
    Id rather die with my kids than live without them. How sad :(

Quoting eringlading:

I know a couple who escaped without their kids. They died. I could never leave a burning building without my kids.
  • mamadrama15
    October 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM
    Poor babies they will be in my prayers :(
  • Tink0711
    October 12, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    I kinda wanna be mad at the babysitter in this situation. She jumped out a window, leaving the kids inside. Sorry, if I have a sitter, I pay them to keep my kids safe. Plus 911 call came from the cell phone of the contractor working across the street who saw smoke.

Quoting KarmaP2:

Id rather die with my kids than live without them. How sad :(

Quoting eringlading:

• MooreMom523
    October 12, 2012 at 9:06 PM

How terrible and heart breaking :(

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN