20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Gastromama2007
How old is too old for a mate...?
October 10, 2012 at 1:22 PM
I'm 24 years old, and my boyfriend is 33.

People look at me weird when they find out how old he is and wonder why I want to date such an "older man".

Lol I don't see him as "old". 9 years older than me isn't old...

Now if he was like 50, I'd get it.

So, how old is too old? Is your husband much older than you? And how does it work out?

Replies

• KRYSTALK1013
    October 11, 2012 at 3:14 PM
    Personally, I wouldn't date anyone more than 2 years older than me. That's always been my rule, regardless of my age. To each their own though. My husband is only 7 months older than me.
  • milf0811
    October 11, 2012 at 3:42 PM
    Dh is 6yrs older than me. He is 35, I am 29.
  • RobsPrincess24
    October 11, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I'm 24 and DH is 41. It works out great for us. He is good to me and we have tons of fun together. That is all I care about. You being happy is all that should matter to anyone.

• notjstanothrmom
    October 11, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Personally, I can't see myself dating someone more then 5 years older then me and at this point (I'm 24) no one younger than me.

As for other people, I don't think it's any of my business how old someone is. I do wonder why someone would marry someone so much older (like 15+ years) because they would most likely die before you causing lots of heartache, but it's really not my life and as long as everyone is happy, then it's not my place to judge.

• CheyennesMommy2
    October 11, 2012 at 3:59 PM
    My husband is 3 years roughly..older than me. Maybe closer to 2 1/2. I prefer it the eay we have it, I dated a guy way older than me before dh and didnt like it, but to each there own!
  • shilohkitten
    October 11, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I dated a 35 year old when I was 23.

It was incredibly weird, he looked old, he WAS old (to me at 23) and all of his references came from the '80's!  He made jokes that I couldn't understand because he was referencing something that happened when I was like 5.

So it was weird.  I didn't like it.

• XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
    October 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM
    Ok so...I posted yesterday. But here is my current situation. I met a guy a while back but never really talked to him other than about work(he works for a company that my company does business with.) Anywho we started talking since the break up with my ex and he is 39 soon to be 40 in Jan...I'm 27. Honestly it doesn't bother me one bit. He is so mature and knows so much about life but at the same time is fun to hang around with. I've never been with anyone that much older than me, so let's see where this goes lol...
  • MommieSDW
    October 11, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Mine is my age, 10 months apart.

I'd  totally get with an older man, if he was a good man. And looked like George Clooney. Or Eric Dane. Mmmmmm.

• heathermarie23
    October 11, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I'm not married, but my kids' father is 13 years older.

• smileber
    October 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM

My hubby is only 9 days older than me, but I would think that 10 years older would be my cut off. I am not sure, though. It all just depends on the couples true feelings/intentions.

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN