20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Gastromama2007
How old is too old for a mate...?
October 10, 2012 at 1:22 PM
I'm 24 years old, and my boyfriend is 33.

People look at me weird when they find out how old he is and wonder why I want to date such an "older man".

Lol I don't see him as "old". 9 years older than me isn't old...

Now if he was like 50, I'd get it.

So, how old is too old? Is your husband much older than you? And how does it work out?

Replies

• Slayton723
    October 10, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    My dh will be 26 on the 17th and ill be 22 on the 24th.

My parents are 9 years apart and my moms aunt and uncle are 12.
  • TempestRayne
    October 10, 2012 at 3:44 PM
    Quoting bpryce:

IMO if your man and your father would have attended high school during the same time frame than that is too old.

• XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
    October 10, 2012 at 3:46 PM
    Not with anyone but im 27 and I would be willing to date someone as much as 10 years older than me. As long as they aren't close to my parents age, I'm cool with that.
  • mama2my2boys
    October 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM
    im soon to be 28 and hubby is 34 when we met i was 16 he was 22 we are 6yrs apart i dont see anything wrong with it....i thin 10years and less is good any older and it just looks odd
  • JuliannaRenee
    October 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM

My ex was 7 years older than me. my boyfriend is 9 years older. one of my friends' dh is 30 years older than her (yep, she is 20, he is 50).... (i personally think that is too far of an age gap, they seem to be doing just fine but in another 10 years or 15.. I dont know, the only men she finds attractive are between 40 to 55 yrs old).

• sucker4myloves
    October 10, 2012 at 3:52 PM

My grandfather is 20 years older than my grandmother and they're not weird. They're the happiest couple I've ever known in my entire life.

• TheMommaJessie
    October 10, 2012 at 3:52 PM

my hubby is 8 years older than me. we never had odd looks at us or any one say anything about it. guess it depends on who you hang around and all that.

• brittanyx22
    October 10, 2012 at 3:53 PM
    My daughters father is 9 years older than me. My dad is 10 years older than my mom. So I obviously have no problem with that lol. I personally wouldn't date someone older than 35-36 roght now. I'm 24.
  • BrookPayton
    October 10, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    My dad was 50 and my mom 18 when they decided to get married. So no, I don't think 9 years is that big of a deal for SOME people. It's hard to have a long term relationship with 5+ years sometimes. At some point you will both be in different part of your life. But, it's not impossible to over come. My parents were happily married till the day he died in May. He was 83 and she is 50.
  • rockinfirekitty
    October 10, 2012 at 4:05 PM

My husband is 28 and Im 22. It doesn't seem to be a problem for us. When we meet it was kinda fun explaining it to my parents. (I went to Yellowstone National Park to work not find a man) However it hasn't seem to be a problem at all. It is always kind of fun to hear about stuff that was going on in the world or the "kid crazies" that I was either not around for or to young to remember! POGS lol

My sister was 18 when she married her 33 year old husband. That for me is a stretch but I guess if your in love younger or older you'd find a way to work through it.

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN