20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
MeghanPerez
I need thoughts/opinions on this
October 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM
I'm 18 weeks pregnant with our third child. Dd is 6 and ds is 5. After ds, I donated ALL of our baby stuff because we weren't going to try for another baby soon and we didn't really have the room to store all the stuff. Plus, we weren't using it so I thought donating it was the best choice.

Now that I'm pregnant, I'm wondering if it's tacky to have another baby shower. I had one when I was pregnant with dd, but not with ds. They are 14 months apart so we had everything we needed except clothes and diapers.

Some people have said its tacky to have a baby shower after your first because it's a little greedy. Do you agree?? And no, I wouldn't be throwing a baby shower for myself. My mom will be doing it. I'm just curious to see what other moms think.

Replies

• VictoriousTory
    October 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I am on my third pregnancy too!!! But I never had a baby shower :( 

• mommieof3_752
    October 10, 2012 at 10:44 AM

nah...go for it

• AHmom103
    October 10, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I don't think it's tacky if your kids are at least a few years apart, or different genders. But, personally, for a second shower, I wouldn't ask for the big stuff. I would buy the big stuff myself, and ask more for clothes and diapers.

• Meg2011425
    October 10, 2012 at 10:50 AM
    Oops I should add my son is my ex husbands and is 3.5.

Quoting Meg2011425:

I had one with my son. It sucked because my mil didn't come because she didn't support the idea of a baby. My sisters never came because one worked and the other was not invited, because of a family fued.

However my bf/df and I are both planning to TTC in the next couple months and his family want to throw my shower.

I don't think it's tacky. Your celebrating your baby's life.

• Sunnydip
    October 10, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I had a baby shower for both of my babies one was a girl one was a boy! they are 3 years apart! do what you want to do its your baby and your life! I guarantee that your friends and family will all come and give you lots of gifts! I agree its celebrating your new addition! not tacky or greedy!

• Aurora-Dove
    October 10, 2012 at 10:52 AM
    Most people where I'm from have one for each child. It isn't just about getting stuff it's about joining in celebrating new life!
  • ambermario4ever
    October 10, 2012 at 12:10 PM
    I think it is fine since your youngest is five already.
  • coupon_ash_back
    October 10, 2012 at 1:11 PM

All babies should be celebrated. First babies aren't the most special, every child is equally special.

• epaolini
    October 10, 2012 at 2:37 PM

i dont mind abab shower for each kid..each is special nd they should have something just for them. but if u choosnot to have one the thrift stores are a good place to start..or garage sales if money is tight...

• MrsOorlog
    October 10, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I had a baby shower for both pregnancies. Granted the sexes were different but I don't see why it would matter. I through a baby shower for all 3 of my cousin's boy. And no body made any complaints. I think each baby and each pregnancy should be celebrated!

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts