20 Something Moms

MemoriesErased
I just tested positive but i'm currently ON my period... confused???? Please Help!!!!
October 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Okay so here's my deal...

I had sex with my now ex boyfriend on the 17th, i'm pretty sure i was ovulating then... i had just come off of seasonique and had a period on the 1st of september... 

I started to worry i was pregnant and took many tests most negative but i had one that showed a faint second line... i thought i was crazy cuz i had 4 tests that were so super faint.... but i was sure there was a line... but then it stopped showing up so i thought chemical pregnancy or something weird... I started bleeding with BAD BAD BAD cramps so i thought possibly miscarragie at 4 1/2 weeks... this was on thursday so the 4th of october... i'm still bleeding after all the for sure negative tests... i thought well i have a few tests left over that i didnt use (i'm a bit neurotic and bought a bunch of dollar tests) and took one just for the heck of it and it just now came back positive... before my "period" or whatever this bleeding is i had for sure tested negative... including the day i started bleeding...

The positive is faint but stronger then the others i had before... i could see this one within 3 minutes straight up... the lighting isnt good enough here for a pic but i can easily see it... so am i miscarrying or having a period in spite of being pregnant??? whats going on??? any ideas???

i googled it and it said some women get there period the first month... so i'm not sure whats going on with me but i was negaitve until today... so so confused....

any similar stories or advice would be welcome

thanks

Naomi

Replies

• prissypoptart
    October 7, 2012 at 4:30 PM
    Go have a blood test at your drs office. Its possible to bleed during pregnancy.
  • MemoriesErased
    October 7, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Quoting prissypoptart:

Go have a blood test at your drs office. Its possible to bleed during pregnancy.

would a blood test show higher if i'm pregnant then if i'm miscarrying??? or would it be the same???

• rainbowbabe220
    October 7, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    Go to the dr, were not drs so we cant say for sure, it could be any of The above...
  • prissypoptart
    October 7, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    Not sure about that, im sure your gyno will have an answer. If you are super worried I would go to the hospital. Good luck!

Quoting MemoriesErased:

Quoting prissypoptart:

would a blood test show higher if i'm pregnant then if i'm miscarrying??? or would it be the same???

• MemoriesErased
    October 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM

i'll have to find a doctor who will do a blood test in the area... i just moved...

• angelmine2011
    October 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM

You should definitely get a blood test done. If they think there is a chance of you having a miscarriage they will test you again in a few days to see if your HCG is rising or lowering. Good luck to you.

• MMerrill
    October 7, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Hmmm either go to the doctor or wait it out since you just moved and don't have a doctor yet.  

If it's a miscarriage after a while you will test and get negatives after the hormone is out of your system I would think, but I don't know how long that takes, that's just an educated guess...I've never had that happen to me.  But if you are pregnant and just having a period, you'll still get a positive in a few days/weeks because you'll obviously be pregnant.

• MemoriesErased
    October 7, 2012 at 7:36 PM

yah i'm gonna wait a day or two and test again... i've got like 5 tests i didnt take (dollar store and i'm a bit neurotic) so i can use those...

• eringlading
    October 7, 2012 at 9:01 PM
    is it just me or does this seem like a certain someone. Hmmmm? Multiple posts about the same thing.
  • a06z08mama
    October 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    If you are miscarrying. Your numbers will drop when they test your blood again. If you are truly preggers. Then your numbers will go up when they test again.

20 Something Moms