20 Somethings & Teen Moms

Featured Posts
MemoriesErased
I just tested positive but i'm currently ON my period... confused???? Please Help!!!!
October 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Okay so here's my deal...

I had sex with my now ex boyfriend on the 17th, i'm pretty sure i was ovulating then... i had just come off of seasonique and had a period on the 1st of september... 

I started to worry i was pregnant and took many tests most negative but i had one that showed a faint second line... i thought i was crazy cuz i had 4 tests that were so super faint.... but i was sure there was a line... but then it stopped showing up so i thought chemical pregnancy or something weird... I started bleeding with BAD BAD BAD cramps so i thought possibly miscarragie at 4 1/2 weeks... this was on thursday so the 4th of october... i'm still bleeding after all the for sure negative tests... i thought well i have a few tests left over that i didnt use (i'm a bit neurotic and bought a bunch of dollar tests) and took one just for the heck of it and it just now came back positive... before my "period" or whatever this bleeding is i had for sure tested negative... including the day i started bleeding...

The positive is faint but stronger then the others i had before... i could see this one within 3 minutes straight up... the lighting isnt good enough here for a pic but i can easily see it... so am i miscarrying or having a period in spite of being pregnant??? whats going on??? any ideas???

i googled it and it said some women get there period the first month... so i'm not sure whats going on with me but i was negaitve until today... so so confused....

any similar stories or advice would be welcome

thanks

Naomi

Replies

• prissypoptart
    October 7, 2012 at 4:30 PM
    Go have a blood test at your drs office. Its possible to bleed during pregnancy.
  • MemoriesErased
    October 7, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Quoting prissypoptart:

Go have a blood test at your drs office. Its possible to bleed during pregnancy.

would a blood test show higher if i'm pregnant then if i'm miscarrying??? or would it be the same???

• rainbowbabe220
    October 7, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    Go to the dr, were not drs so we cant say for sure, it could be any of The above...
  • prissypoptart
    October 7, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    Not sure about that, im sure your gyno will have an answer. If you are super worried I would go to the hospital. Good luck!

Quoting MemoriesErased:

Quoting prissypoptart:

would a blood test show higher if i'm pregnant then if i'm miscarrying??? or would it be the same???

• MemoriesErased
    October 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM

i'll have to find a doctor who will do a blood test in the area... i just moved...

• angelmine2011
    October 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM

You should definitely get a blood test done. If they think there is a chance of you having a miscarriage they will test you again in a few days to see if your HCG is rising or lowering. Good luck to you.

• MMerrill
    October 7, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Hmmm either go to the doctor or wait it out since you just moved and don't have a doctor yet.  

If it's a miscarriage after a while you will test and get negatives after the hormone is out of your system I would think, but I don't know how long that takes, that's just an educated guess...I've never had that happen to me.  But if you are pregnant and just having a period, you'll still get a positive in a few days/weeks because you'll obviously be pregnant.

• MemoriesErased
    October 7, 2012 at 7:36 PM

yah i'm gonna wait a day or two and test again... i've got like 5 tests i didnt take (dollar store and i'm a bit neurotic) so i can use those...

• eringlading
    October 7, 2012 at 9:01 PM
    is it just me or does this seem like a certain someone. Hmmmm? Multiple posts about the same thing.
  • a06z08mama
    October 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    If you are miscarrying. Your numbers will drop when they test your blood again. If you are truly preggers. Then your numbers will go up when they test again.

20 Somethings & Teen Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts