20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
tami_n_joe
putting the family on a diet
October 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM

So i was watching TED and decided to put the family on a weekday vegetarian diet! Recently i watched a youtube video about GMOs and decided that imma try my hardest to take all GMO foods out of our diet and to start this weekday vegan diet. Its gonna be hard but it will help us from here on out. The thing is i am having a hard time thinking of vegetarian lunches and dinners that not only me and DH will enjoy but that DS will enjoy also. He isnt all to picky but he does have his days. What are some yummy vegan meals that you have made or heard of?

Replies

• freshmom88
    October 5, 2012 at 9:23 AM
    Spaghetti w/out the meat, any kind of pasta dish really. Lasagna. Tonight I'm doing homemade broccoli & cheese soup.
  • livelaughlov26
    October 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    Mmmm broccoli cheese soup. Yum! Shepherds pie with Boca crumbles. And if you blend.up steamed cauliflower it tastes like mashed potatoes but healthier.
  • shilohkitten
    October 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Ellen Degeneres has an awesome vegan website with a ton of recipes on it and ideas.  Just google Ellen + vegan and it comes up with the site, I lost the url.

I like to do vegan tacos and spaghetti.  I cook most things without meat since I don't like cooking meat, I sub veggies instead.  Chili, everything.  You can make anything without meat.

• Lovin_mybaby5
    October 5, 2012 at 3:15 PM

stuffed bell peppers with no meat

• Lovin_mybaby5
    October 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM

http://www.babycenter.com/recipeAdvancedSearch.htm?courses=&categories=Vegetarian&categories=&keyword=&startIndex=&searchType=advanced&search=true

go here lots of recipes =)

• cherrywaves21
    October 5, 2012 at 3:28 PM
    Black beans rice ( seasoned how ever you like lime, garlic, chili powder) bean and cheese burritos. Loaded baked potatoes, waffles, biscuits and gravy. Ummm chili with no meat, veggie stew, tomatoe soup, grilled cheese. There are tons of things that can be made without meat.

Google Amish white bread no need for a mixer ( be prepared for tired arms) its roughly .25 a loaf.
  • VictoriousTory
    October 5, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I am not trying to be rude at all.... But.... Do you understand the difference between vegitarian and vegan? Because while both are more healthy options, they are also two different things. My ex was a "vegan" so I know about the different foods he ate and foods to avoid all together to lose a lot of weight.... Also if you do go vegan, you kinda have to go all the way with it, or your body won't adjust properly and you might not get the results you want. 

• oangelica87
    October 5, 2012 at 4:53 PM

If you are going to go completely vegan (which I have in my 23rd week of pregnancy for health issues) try vegan101.com they have some of the best recipes I have seen and its more prepping but I already feel better in my second week :) good luck and you go mama!

• khailan24
    October 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM

i think thats a great idea . i also was thinkin about doin the same wit my family kinda as far as eatin healthy i dont think i can go wit out meat completly lol but cuttin back a lil like only eatin meat twice a week , eatin fresh veggies instead of can veggies an introducein them to other things like organic foods and products but that stuff is exspensive.....but i have made stuff'd mushrooms wit cheese chopped onins an stuffing , or mushroom , green pep and onions wit white/brown rice .garlic egg plant an tomato salad...its very good

• chelseamcnorman
    October 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Collard greens (sans the bacon/bacon grease) and gluten-free biscuits! (Can you tell I'm Southern?)

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts