20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
JRSMOM0621
Bash if you must but I need some help
October 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I know that I will be bashed for feeding my son solids at 3months however despite knowing I'll be told I'm wrong for doing it I need advice anyway. My son hates cereal yet my mom keeps telling me to feed him cereal anyway. I have tried all types, hot/ cold, mixed with water/formula. He spits it right back out no matter what time of day or how I make it. However give him carrots or applesauce he eats it right up. I told my mom that he hates it and her conclusion is that its new. Well so isnt the other stuff he eats but he doesnt make me wear those. I need advice on how to make my mom understand he doesnt want cereal so I wont force it on him.

Okay so I gotta know...doesnt anyone see how much he is eatting?? 8 to 10 ounce bottles EVERY 2 hours. Doesnt spit it back up or anything. Now do you see why I've chosen the solids route? I'm not trying to start a fight but I feel that it should be pointed out that I dont breast feed and his ONE can of formula cost 23/24 dollars a pop. its 23.5 oz can.

Replies

• crazy4u49033
    October 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    It sounds like his tounge thrust reflex is still strong( hence his 'spitting out' food. This means he is not ready for solids. I would continue with formula or bm and try again in a month. Why do you think you have to do solids now.
  • pmsforlife
    October 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    Yea it's too young, but cereal isn't so bad. I added a tad of sugar and he loved it! I know ima hoooooorible mom, but he's 6 now and just fine
  • MomRocs1102
    October 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM
    Tell mom shs not the parent and she needs to respect what you say also talk to sons dr.
  • captain..
    October 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM
    Have you troed mixing it with his carrots or apple sauce? If you want to feed him solids at 3 months thats your choice.
  • DOllfACE-
    October 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM

You do what you think is best for your child. I personally would be too scared of choking that young. I put cereal in my child's bottle but i think at 4 mnths.

• shilohkitten
    October 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Then quit giving him cereal!

I don't know why you aren't listening to your pediatrician.  No ped would tell you to give your baby solids at 3 months old.  He probably can't even digest them properly yet!  

Why the fck do you care what your mom thinks?!  Your kids are YOUR KIDS.  Tell your mom to back off.  She can go call the ped's office if she wants to argue with someone about it.

• JRSMOM0621
    October 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM

never tried mixing the two, didnt think of that

Quoting captain..:

Have you troed mixing it with his carrots or apple sauce? If you want to feed him solids at 3 months thats your choice.

• MilesOfSmiles7
    October 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM

My ds hated rice cereal but loved oatmeal. 3 months is rather early but it's your kid and you call the shots!

Also, ds didn't really eat much oatmeal at first he only ate fruits and veggies so don't sweat it if he doesn't like it, just offer it again after a few days or a week, eventually it'll grow on him.

• maddiesmommy5
    October 3, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I have actually heard some doctors say small amounts of food is ok this young .I worked with infants from 6weeks to age 2yrs for over 6 yrs at a children's center and it seemed like everyone's Dr had a diff opinion!That being said have you tried to mix the cereal with applesauce? baby cereal is some nasty tasting stuff! I would say that it is a reflex to spit out his food meaning he is not ready yet but if he does ok with the other stuff maybe his cereal is just to thick?It also takes at least 15 times of introducing a food to get some kids to like and except it. Either way it is your choice not your moms what he eats and as long as your pedi gives you the go ahead for solids then don't worry about anyone else's thoughts.

• Brandy85412
    October 3, 2012 at 5:18 PM

3 months is just WAY too YOUNG not sure why you are feeding him food now. Not going to argue about it cause you already know you shouldn't by the title. just putting my 2 cents in cause I can. 

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN