20 Something Moms

Featured Posts
JRSMOM0621
Bash if you must but I need some help
October 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I know that I will be bashed for feeding my son solids at 3months however despite knowing I'll be told I'm wrong for doing it I need advice anyway. My son hates cereal yet my mom keeps telling me to feed him cereal anyway. I have tried all types, hot/ cold, mixed with water/formula. He spits it right back out no matter what time of day or how I make it. However give him carrots or applesauce he eats it right up. I told my mom that he hates it and her conclusion is that its new. Well so isnt the other stuff he eats but he doesnt make me wear those. I need advice on how to make my mom understand he doesnt want cereal so I wont force it on him.

Okay so I gotta know...doesnt anyone see how much he is eatting?? 8 to 10 ounce bottles EVERY 2 hours. Doesnt spit it back up or anything. Now do you see why I've chosen the solids route? I'm not trying to start a fight but I feel that it should be pointed out that I dont breast feed and his ONE can of formula cost 23/24 dollars a pop. its 23.5 oz can.

Replies

• JRSMOM0621
    October 3, 2012 at 6:16 PM

yep I always end up smelling like cereal :(

Quoting a06z08mama:

I always mixed my kids cereal with fruit or veggies. They loved it. And I would agree with you doing it. He isn't satisfied if he is eating that much that often! Have you tried a different nipple with just a lil bit of cereal in his milk?

• a06z08mama
    October 3, 2012 at 6:19 PM
    I would definitely try mixing with fruits or vegs then! I am surprised they aren't bashing for how much milk he is drinking! Not all babies are created equal. You have to adjust things for your own!

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting a06z08mama:

I always mixed my kids cereal with fruit or veggies. They loved it. And I would agree with you doing it. He isn't satisfied if he is eating that much that often! Have you tried a different nipple with just a lil bit of cereal in his milk?

• JRSMOM0621
    October 3, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Lol I was letting that one go unseen. I'm not one for letting him scream if he is hungry. All of my family is tall so I'm sure he'll be tall too so his weight isnt a issue on my mind. I'll see how he'll like the mixture. I was talking to my MIL and she said my husband was a very texture picky baby :/ Hoping and praying my son does not inhert that trait!!

Quoting a06z08mama:

I would definitely try mixing with fruits or vegs then! I am surprised they aren't bashing for how much milk he is drinking! Not all babies are created equal. You have to adjust things for your own!

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting a06z08mama:

• EslingerCrew11
    October 3, 2012 at 6:41 PM
    Hes too young.

And have YOU tried it?? It tastes like cardboard!! I don't blame him. Plus its really just empty, nasty calories.
  • JRSMOM0621
    October 3, 2012 at 6:43 PM

um no it smells horrid. I tried his carrots and well they taste like carrots, so thats what he has gotten for a few nights.

Quoting EslingerCrew11:

Hes too young.

And have YOU tried it?? It tastes like cardboard!! I don't blame him. Plus its really just empty, nasty calories.

• EslingerCrew11
    October 3, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    It tastes as bad as it smells, and if you wont try it, why make him eat it?

YOU are his mom, your mother is not and quite honesty, her opinion doesn't matter. Obviously your gut tells you he doesn't need it, so follow that, not your mom.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

um no it smells horrid. I tried his carrots and well they taste like carrots, so thats what he has gotten for a few nights.

Quoting EslingerCrew11:

Hes too young.

• JRSMOM0621
    October 3, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I'm glad you told me before I went and tried it! LOL

Quoting EslingerCrew11:

It tastes as bad as it smells, and if you wont try it, why make him eat it?

YOU are his mom, your mother is not and quite honesty, her opinion doesn't matter. Obviously your gut tells you he doesn't need it, so follow that, not your mom.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting EslingerCrew11:

Hes too young.

• Bree297
    by Bree297
    October 3, 2012 at 7:00 PM

my daughter did too i mixed it with simple juices ( and yes a started at three months and she is breastfed) still eats more boob juice then anything but loves her solids

• cpflum08
    October 3, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    Maybe you should get on WIC if your so worried about the amount of money the formula is. Feeding a baby foods is not going to give him the right nutrition he needs to develop and grow right. And your his mom not your mom. She can offer her opinion but you don't have to listen to it.
  • JRSMOM0621
    October 3, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Um I never said it'll give him the correct nutrition. He still gets his bottle whenever he wants it. WIC...well thats a touchy subject but I'll give you the short verison. Was on WIC till Jacob(my son) was born, then I went in with everything that they asked for and they sent me home with a letter stating that my family income was too high. $50 a month too high. :/ we only counted my husbands income because I was planing on only working Sats under the table however that didnt happen. I've been working full time at a dead beat job that could go belly up for formula. I'm not worried so much as the cost of formula as much as I want him to be full.

Quoting cpflum08:

Maybe you should get on WIC if your so worried about the amount of money the formula is. Feeding a baby foods is not going to give him the right nutrition he needs to develop and grow right. And your his mom not your mom. She can offer her opinion but you don't have to listen to it.

20 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN