Moms of Preemies!

JordynKaylee12
Preemie Crawling Help???
February 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM
*Mommy Question* Ok, so Jordyn was a preemie born @ 32 weeks weighed 3lbs so of course she's behind in weight she's 6months & 12lbs right now but will that have anything to do with her crawling like will it take her longer than an average baby bc she's so small ??? Oh yeah im in no rush for her to start crawling just wanna know lol

Replies

• babydsmommy18
    February 21, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    It may take her longer to crawl. All babies crawl at their own pace. My 34 weeker crawled at 6 months he was 5lbs2oz at birth. My 4lbs 35 weeker crawled at 5 months. My 6lbs 10Oz 36 weeker crawled at 7.5 months. She'll crawl when she's ready :)
  • AmesCSki
    February 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    My preemie is 10 1/2 months 9 months adjusted and isn't crawling. She was a 34 weeker. She is in PT through early intervention to help her with crawling. Preemies want to extend their legs. They don't want to flex their muscles as much and obviously in order to crawl the legs need to be flexed. So we mostly are working on flexing her legs and getting her comfortable so we can work more toward her crawling.
    Preemies all do things at their own pace, just be patient and loving!
  • kellymom127
    February 27, 2013 at 4:12 PM

my son has low muscle tone so he has been doing this one sided army crawl and is receiving PT to help learn how to crawl on all fours.

• Sassy_Mommy1
    February 27, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    My son crawled a litte late. 28 weeker. He crawled at about 7 months.

Moms of Preemies!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN