Handmade Holidays...

eightofus1998
I'm looking for ideas for house numbers
July 19, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I really want to add some new house numbers on my house and I would like to do "something different"  I really like mission style....everything I can find just costs way to much and I know there have got to be some great ideas out there so that's why I'm turning to you ladies.  I appreciate any suggestions.

Replies

• fostermommyof3
    July 19, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Could you use copper tubing??  Or purhaps you could use a frame that would fit the number of tiles you needed, and you could design your own tiles?

• BrandtZ
    by BrandtZ
    July 20, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I really like the idea in blue, that sounds like the easiest way. You could make templates of mission style numbers for your designs on the tiles.

Quoting fostermommyof3:

Could you use copper tubing??  Or purhaps you could use a frame that would fit the number of tiles you needed, and you could design your own tiles?

• eightofus1998
    July 22, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Thank you for the ideas...I will give that a try.

• AuntyL
    by AuntyL
    July 22, 2009 at 8:35 AM

You might want to check out what is required by law. We lived in a town once that your numbers had to be a minimum of 3" and seen from the road.(I found this out when the framed tiles that were there blew off from a storm and we didn't notice.) It was the fire dept that told us...

AuntyL 

• BrandtZ
    by BrandtZ
    July 23, 2009 at 3:34 PM

I never thought of that, thanks for the add.

Quoting AuntyL:

You might want to check out what is required by law. We lived in a town once that your numbers had to be a minimum of 3" and seen from the road.(I found this out when the framed tiles that were there blew off from a storm and we didn't notice.) It was the fire dept that told us...

AuntyL 

• gimmykissy77
    July 23, 2009 at 7:55 PM

How about plasture of paris or salt dough. You could scuplt and paint. Something with personality.

• SanDiegoMaxMom
    July 23, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Try an architectural salvage place.

• jraebonner
    July 24, 2009 at 6:23 AM

An idea would be to attack your numbers to the mail box like my dad did. HE is a welder and cut out 135 on the mailbox and aheared (welded) it to the chain link bottom of hs mailbox. I realize that this is WAY WAY WAY to much trouble but I though you could just adhere premade stencils that way to your house.

My dad used to be a welder at Dravo in Pittsburgh years ago.

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN