Handmade Holidays...

carrie_grace
Summer crafts for mom...
July 7, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Here is a link to a great summer craft for mom... or even the teenage girls in your life:

It's a great little embellished sandal...a perfect craft for you and the girls!

Replies

• CreativeMummy
    July 8, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Who woulda thunk it!?  Oh yeah, Martha Stewart - LOL

Thanks for sharing - cute idea!  Have you done this?  I would love to know if the paint comes off on your feet.  Seems like it would because we have humidity for days here.

• Haydensmom326
    July 8, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Those are really cute! I don't know that I would pay the $45 dollars for a pair. I'll keep my eyes out for a pair like them at Marshall's and so on.. 

• carrie_grace
    July 8, 2009 at 1:03 PM

If you don't want to spend the money on the Dr. Scholl's clog... here's another idea: this project could easily be done with rubber flip flops (Old Navy sells great solid colored flip flops for real cheap). 

The varnish process at the end will keep all the paint intact even in humid weather :)

• Haydensmom326
    July 8, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Quoting carrie_grace:

If you don't want to spend the money on the Dr. Scholl's clog... here's another idea: this project could easily be done with rubber flip flops (Old Navy sells great solid colored flip flops for real cheap). 

The varnish process at the end will keep all the paint intact even in humid weather :)

that is a good Idea! You can do little ones too! Thanks!

• artC1s
    by artC1s
    July 8, 2009 at 10:03 PM

You could do this with baby flip flops and put magnets on the back to make refrigerator magnets, or you could string them to hang somewhere.

What do you think?

girl giving flower

• carrie_grace
    July 9, 2009 at 8:46 AM

very cute!!! great idea!!!

Quoting artC1s:

You could do this with baby flip flops and put magnets on the back to make refrigerator magnets, or you could string them to hang somewhere.

What do you think?

girl giving flower

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts