Handmade Holidays...

ethans_momma06
2 yr. olds gift for daddy?
May 19, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I always like to do something a little home-made for holidays like this, something that is made involving the kids.

Any ideas what I can do for this Fathers Day that my 2 yr. old boy can help out with? Any suggestions are welcome!

Replies

• momof3inTN
    May 19, 2009 at 4:04 PM

We are making a t-shirt for my husband. We are getting a plain t-shirt (no words, etc), fabric paint, and some t-shirt transfer paper (you make something up on the computer, reverse the picture, print, and iron onto the t-shirt).

Using the fabric paint, I am going to put the kids' footprints (9, 7, and 2 years) on the front and back of the shirt. Then type and print out on the transfer paper, "My kids walk all over me." My husband will love it.

I'm still thinking up other ideas too. LOL

• ethans_momma06
    May 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Is the fabric paint safe to use on their skin? Cause that idea sounds really really cute!

• momof3inTN
    May 19, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Is the fabric paint safe to use on their skin? Cause that idea sounds really really cute!

They have a non-toxic kind and it's only on long enough to put the print on the shirt, then I wash it off completely. We did something similar for Christmas for my mom and my MIL, only it was handprints. THAT was fun because my daughter (2) was in the "everything goes in the mouth" stage still. LOL I know my husband will love the shirt and will wear it everywhere, he loves to brag on his kids.

• shortcake1978
    May 19, 2009 at 7:01 PM

I bought a stepping stone kit a few years ago for Father's Day. I had the kids put their footprints in it and then let them decorate with the colored glass that was provided.

• gabbymommy06
    May 19, 2009 at 7:27 PM

My daughter is 2 and she is going to make a garden stone tile...she puts her handprint in it and then decorates it (With of course my help) Last year...she made an apron for him, he is a chef and she put her handprints all over and it said World's Best Daddy Food! Do something with his handprint, they will cherish it forever because there hands arent small forever! good luck!

• workinfromhome8
    May 19, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I bought a cheap painters canvas from walmart.  Kid friendly paints and brushes.  I sat them on the kitchen floor and just let them go to town.  When it dried i painted happy birthday daddy on the bottom.  This year I am going to buy mini canvas' and have each child paint their own.  then those little ones will surrond the big on.

• busybees124
    May 19, 2009 at 7:36 PM

My husband still has the pencil holder my son made for him.  I took a large empty clean soup can and cut out a piece of colored paper to fit around it.  My son helped to glue it on and cover it with puppy stickers.  He also took a marker and drew squiggles on it.

• SanDiegoMaxMom
    May 19, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Last year my son's class gave dads a foam drink cooler that they had decorated with stickers, pens etc....very cute.

• kkolb1
    by kkolb1
    June 8, 2009 at 2:45 PM

that's such a cute idea! We've only got 1 boy right now though & I'm pg with the 2nd.. hmmm

Quoting momof3inTN:

We are making a t-shirt for my husband. We are getting a plain t-shirt (no words, etc), fabric paint, and some t-shirt transfer paper (you make something up on the computer, reverse the picture, print, and iron onto the t-shirt).

Using the fabric paint, I am going to put the kids' footprints (9, 7, and 2 years) on the front and back of the shirt. Then type and print out on the transfer paper, "My kids walk all over me." My husband will love it.

I'm still thinking up other ideas too. LOL

• barmelino
    June 9, 2009 at 10:48 AM

My husbands favorite past time with my daugter is sharing cookies and milk. I am buying him a mug with the kids pictures on it and then my daughter is going to paint one of her gerber puffs containers and we'll fill it with oreos... for dads secret stash of oreos. I think this will be really special to him. I may paint another container using my sons feet and filling it with a trail mix (he's only 2 months)... I haven't decided yet....

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN