Handmade Holidays...

LuminousMom
Origami Fathers day card! (EASY!)
May 5, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I'm going to be making some of these for my etsy shop but I wanted to share with all of you so you can make them for free, because they are pretty simple!

Origami Tie cards

Go to http://www.origami-club.com/en/

then on the left side you will see the different "sections" of oragami styles. Under "Accessories" you can make a mens necktie for daddies that wear ties to work or church or whatever... and there are lots of other cute origami things on there too but I thought that tie glued to the front of a folded piece of cardstock would be a really cute fathers day card.

I'm going to embellish mine a bit more I think, by making a "shirt" with the neckline flaps, and then putting buttons up the center.. who knows, we can get super creative with them!

Replies

• LuminousMom
    May 5, 2009 at 7:49 PM

OH- P.S... a 5" square piece of paper makes a 5"x2.5" sized tie- so if you want larger or smaller you'll just have to experiment, but basically however large you make the square is how "tall" your tie will be... and remember thin paper works best for this, and the smaller you make it the harder the folds will be. I managed to do it with some lightweight cardstock but its much easier to use real Origami paper or "printer" paper weight.

you can find a "shirt" by going to "Clothes" my favorite is under "Usefull Origami" and its "A cake case with shirt" and you can tuck something into the shirt- it makes a little pocket so you could put "good for one hug" cards or something like that in it.

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts