Handmade Holidays...

mommabunnyof4
Vintage Easter Cards
April 22, 2009 at 12:06 PM

I know I am posting this late, Easter is done and over with, but I have been so busy that I'm just getting the chance now. Anyway, I made some vintage Easter cards because my mom said the nurses where she works love handmade things and would probably buy some. So I made a whole bunch of vintage cards and I actually sold some! My sister and I printed vintage Easter pictures to use, we got a bottle of Inssentials Carackle medium (it's this goo that dries crackled to make things look old and antique/vintage) and went to work! Here's the cards I made:

I used sandpaper, crackle, brown & matte finish inks, ribbon and embossing powder and stamps to make this card. I have pictures of the details close up if anyone is interested.

Same with this one: stamps, embossing, inks, but no crackle on this one.

This one I just tore the edges and inked them and tied twine around it. Simple, easy, and I sold this one cuz it was awesome! The little fairies are cute, it's hard to see them in the picture.

This one took some work, that antiqued colored paper I made from scratch with plain old white cardstock and 2 different inks. Crackle on the egg, ribbon...one of my favs!

This I made for a child obviously. It took me forever to make it! I had to stamp all the images, color them, cut them out, make the tree all by hand, fringe the paper for the "grass"...but it was all worth it, I sold this one! Someone wanted it for their grandchildren! And so that's it for Easter cards. I'll post some Mother's day cards I made in the Mother's Day forum. Feel free to ask me any questions abut the making of the cards, where I got the vintage pictures, etc...

Replies

• shortcake1978
    April 22, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Great job!

• AidenDsmommy
    April 3, 2010 at 2:09 PM

i love them i have some vintage easter cards that i got at yard sales and antique stores i have been collecting them for every holiday.... i am using them on a table with other vintage papers and the coving with glass.. makes a pretty holiday decor table to welcome guest as they enter my home

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts