Handmade Holidays...

mommabunnyof4
Vintage Easter Cards
April 22, 2009 at 12:06 PM

I know I am posting this late, Easter is done and over with, but I have been so busy that I'm just getting the chance now. Anyway, I made some vintage Easter cards because my mom said the nurses where she works love handmade things and would probably buy some. So I made a whole bunch of vintage cards and I actually sold some! My sister and I printed vintage Easter pictures to use, we got a bottle of Inssentials Carackle medium (it's this goo that dries crackled to make things look old and antique/vintage) and went to work! Here's the cards I made:

I used sandpaper, crackle, brown & matte finish inks, ribbon and embossing powder and stamps to make this card. I have pictures of the details close up if anyone is interested.

Same with this one: stamps, embossing, inks, but no crackle on this one.

This one I just tore the edges and inked them and tied twine around it. Simple, easy, and I sold this one cuz it was awesome! The little fairies are cute, it's hard to see them in the picture.

This one took some work, that antiqued colored paper I made from scratch with plain old white cardstock and 2 different inks. Crackle on the egg, ribbon...one of my favs!

This I made for a child obviously. It took me forever to make it! I had to stamp all the images, color them, cut them out, make the tree all by hand, fringe the paper for the "grass"...but it was all worth it, I sold this one! Someone wanted it for their grandchildren! And so that's it for Easter cards. I'll post some Mother's day cards I made in the Mother's Day forum. Feel free to ask me any questions abut the making of the cards, where I got the vintage pictures, etc...

Replies

• shortcake1978
    April 22, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Great job!

• AidenDsmommy
    April 3, 2010 at 2:09 PM

i love them i have some vintage easter cards that i got at yard sales and antique stores i have been collecting them for every holiday.... i am using them on a table with other vintage papers and the coving with glass.. makes a pretty holiday decor table to welcome guest as they enter my home

Handmade Holidays...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN